Why become a member? ×

Earbud recommendations up to about 30 quid

MoonBassAlpha

I've been very happy with the Soundmagic E10 earphones I bought in 2015 - they sound as good as the Sennheisers they replaced, and are substantially more robust (I'm still using the same set daily 3 years later). I think they were What Hifi's budget recommendation at the time - they were £30 then, £35 now.

I got these the other day as they were reduced from £20 to £5 in my local HMV: https://store.hmv.com/technology/headphones-(1)/no-proof-no-glory-(npng)-earphones.  It looks like they've a big sale of headphones on at the minute as loads were reduced and they are discounted online too.

They replaced my old Sennheiser ones (which were twenty odd quid a couple of years ago if I recall) that had broken.  The sound out of the new ones is much clearer and the cable is a narrow ribbon rather than a wire, so they get a lot less tangled.  I'm happy with them so far.

Edited by Unknown_User
Made the link clickable

i'm currently using a set of the Soundmagic E10's, and i've got a set of the super cheap es18's for work radio use, previously i was a sennheiser guy (a couple of sets of cx300's in row i think), then i tried some RHA ones which were great sounding but when it came to replace them the soundmagics were available off the shelf in Richer Sounds and the reviews were great so i gave them a try, i've been very impressed so far (about 2 years). they came with a good little case as a bonus.

Matt

13 minutes ago, GisserD said:

soundmagics E10.

i can confirm they are fully washing machine proof as they regularly end up in the wash after a gym session and always come out sounding great! 

I’ve done this with my Sonys many a time. Leaves me with a clean, uncoloured frequency response.

3 hours ago, CameronJ said:

I’ve done this with my Sonys many a time. Leaves me with a clean, uncoloured frequency response.

At least it most likely cleans the wax out of the grille! One of my old Sennheiser sets went really muffled due to this. Could only really make out it was blocked under a microscope!