Why become a member? ×

Midlands bass (and guitar) bash 4/5/19

jebroad

Sorry guys, I'm not going to make it. I don't know what the hell it was in the middle of the road that I went over but it's done two tyres. I've just been recovered back to Lincoln ATS and I'm waiting for them to bring a couple of tyres up from Newark.

It's been a fun morning so far - I hope you all have a better one!

• Sad 4

Can I just say, as a Bass Bash "virgin", what a great time I had this afternoon. What a friendly bunch you Basschatter(er)s are! Thanks so much to Jamie and his mum for all the work they put in, to everyone who brought such wonderful and exotic gear, to Andy for the really interesting talk on lighter bass-building and to you all for being so welcoming to a complete newbie. Next year I promise to actually try my hand on some of the exotica, without shaming myself or embarrassing everyone else! 

• Like 6

Thanks @jebroad
for organising a fab day!

Really enjoyed it & good to meet BCers in the flesh :)

Didn't get to speak to everyone unfortunately, but 'hi' to jebroad, Frank Blank, Bassman Sam & Spondon.

Hope to see everyone at the next one :)

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

My mum was raised a Methodist so I also was taught when growing up not to gamble ... so that might have been the first or second raffle I’ve entered in my life... 

jammy begger I am 

Congrats what did you win?? 

6 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

Sorry guys, I'm not going to make it. I don't know what the hell it was in the middle of the road that I went over but it's done two tyres. I've just been recovered back to Lincoln ATS and I'm waiting for them to bring a couple of tyres up from Newark.

It's been a fun morning so far - I hope you all have a better one!

Hope you managed to get everything sorted. Sorry to have missed you.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jimothey said:

Congrats what did you win?? 

Four things out of the ten tickets I bought... including first choice! (I passed on the bass and went for the flatwounds that I had been wanting to try and had already had in an online shopping basket)

thanks to @bassmansam for donating

Edited by LukeFRC
  • Like 2

Just got home from a lovely afternoon. 

Thanks again to @jebroad for organising this and to whoever donated the Ashdown compressor to the raffle- I’ll have a good try of that later. As usual it was nice to catch up with the folk I already knew and to be meet new Basschatters. 

As I always say, these are great events that someone has spent organising so if you are thinking of going to one, please do! There is such a variety of gear to see and try, great people and always there’s cake... 

Cheers

Jez

• Like 5

As another newbie at these things can I add to @petecarlton's comments. A very friendly afternoon in excellent welcoming company. Was able to play basses costing 20x what mine does (blues scales only so not doing them justice), and heard what mine sounds like with a decent amp, cab and player @DHC Bass. Annoyed I didn't get to play with some of the little amps, but I can safely say that this sounded exactly as bright/brittle as I expected!! @MoJoKe - sorry for making you grimace ☺️

(see comment below as to why, it's not the stack! ) 

DSC_0001~2.JPG

Edited by Richard R
Clarification
  • Like 3

p.s. For the avoidance of confusion or accidently upsetiing anyone:Markbass amps and cabs are fabulous too! That bass isn't mine, it's a silent bass on loan to me. Designed to have headphones plugged in directly it is very, very, very, bright. 

I should have put my proper bass though the Markbass stack as well.... 

• Like 1