Why become a member? ×

Midlands bass (and guitar) bash 4/5/19

jebroad

For my little spiel on designing and building lighter weight guitars and basses, I'll be bringing along a 32" screen to show some supporting photos to go with the physical examples I'll have with me.

I will have an HDMI cable and an ipad lightning connector to hdmi adapter.  Anyone else very welcome to use the screen during the day.

If your tablet is android, though, you will need to bring a suitable hdmi adapter for your particular tablet charge plug type.

• Like 2

I'm assuming that (as at North West BB) wearing scratchy belt buckles and trying out other people's basses don't go together? 😞 

What about bringing things one is hoping to sell? (Thinking of my Warwick Thumb 6, which is a very fine bass but just too heavy for me...) - ok but a proportionate donation to BC if sold??? 

14 hours ago, jebroad said:

Does anyone have a preference of PA rig for the event? If anyones bringing synth-age or anything of the like it could be useful and I can get one cheap from @AlphaPro

I originally offered to bring in my McMillen midi pedals and sound module in case anyone was interested in having a dabble. The sound module goes out via a normal quarter inch jack so as long as the PA has a jack input that will be fine, doesn't need to be a big rig just enough for folks to hear the output. If it comes to it I can just bring headphones as the sound module has a headphone output anyway.

• Like 1

If anyone's interested in buying an as-new Fender rumble 100 for £150 let me know and i will bring it along, not got round to sticking it on gumtree yet and I'm sure someone will pick it up at that price but it saves me advertising if someone at the bash wants it. I have paid for it to be advertised in the marketplace here so I'm not cutting corners.

11 hours ago, josie said:

What about bringing things one is hoping to sell?

I have spent a happy morning plugging in various basses and am coming to the conclusion that I have some basses and some preamps I like better than others. Therefore there is not much reason to keep all of them so I might well have some for sale stuff as well. Not fully decided yet.

22 minutes ago, owen said:

I have spent a happy morning plugging in various basses and am coming to the conclusion that I have some basses and some preamps I like better than others. Therefore there is not much reason to keep all of them so I might well have some for sale stuff as well. Not fully decided yet.

And you have some reeeaaally nice stuff

21 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Discovering his affair was a bit like when you realised what your parents must have done to become your parents...

What?  Vote Conservative?  Argh!

PS:  You are right of course.  JM jumping EC's bones was an exceptionally dull image to conjure up.  A bit like watching tortoises hump.

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SpondonBassed said:

What?  Vote Conservative?  Argh!

PS:  You are right of course.  JM jumping EC's bones was an exceptionally dull image to conjure up.  A bit like watching tortoises hump.

Ooh, I dunno. I reckon JM's browser history wouldn't bear close examination. And I bet Edwina and him got mucky in all sorts of different ways. There were probably eggs involved.....

5 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

Ooh, I dunno. I reckon JM's browser history wouldn't bear close examination. And I bet Edwina and him got mucky in all sorts of different ways. There were probably eggs involved.....

...and peas.  Don't forget peas as depicted in Spitting Image.  If they don't quicken your pulse there's no hope for you.

• Haha 1

I’m hoping I can get to the bash with some examples of my 1x12 Neo cabs. I will bring pairs so (sound levels permitting) anyone can check out the full potential of small cabs. I’ll demo using my Cort GB74 as this is my workhorse.  I also have an Anaconda Ultra J4 Elite which I hope to sell. 

I’m going to show how the side vents on my cabs really are effective and might add real information to a thread that was started on basschat some while ago.

Hope to see you there. David H Clarke (DHC Bass)

B510CD28-B2EA-46A4-B827-CA94549C1F9D.jpeg

EF5E7419-AB79-42A5-887D-D892C59115FA.jpeg

• Like 4