Why become a member? ×

Midlands bass (and guitar) bash 4/5/19

jebroad

On 30/04/2019 at 11:31, Andyjr1515 said:

Of course we should ;)

Shall I bring my PAT tester then?  I can PAT test everyone's extensions, leads, amps and PSUs for free.

as a chartered electrical engineer I will also be able to confirm that the process is largely bollocks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, NickA said:

Shall I bring my PAT tester then?  I can PAT test everyone's extensions, leads, amps and PSUs for free.

as a chartered electrical engineer I will also be able to confirm that the process is largely bollocks.

No harm in having it in your boot.  And yes, I fully understand your observation ;)

I've decided it's overkill to bring a stack - I'm assuming people play at civilised levels not gig volumes, so I'll bring the Crush 25...

Also I dug out my old Yamaha QY10 and it works great as a simple beat box, jamming along to it sounds vastly more 'musical' than random noodling.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Also I dug out my old Yamaha QY10 and it works great as a simple beat box, jamming along to it sounds vastly more 'musical' than random noodling

Reason I though my B3n would be useful :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bassman Sam said:

My wife has decided that she wont be coming after all. She thought there was going to loads of live bands, not just bass geeks. Plus, she was upset that there was no Intu malls nearby.

Theres intu derby- and a train to derby every hour from Uttoxeter 

My Saturday plans have changed so i will pop down and bring a 5 string and a couple of 4 stringers long and short scale. Alembics. Im still not used to others playing my basses so please understand if i look paranoid whilst handing it over. I like to keep all my instruments in pristine condition so No picks please and no clothing or jewellery lanyards etc that may damage the finish. 

Edited by jazzyvee
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I just had a lovely drive from Rugeley to Doveridge, just to get my bearings really, but it’s so nice here in the village hall car park basking in the sun I might just have a kip until kick off...

...zzz.

Cafe round the corner in the shop. Make a mean hot chocolate

30 minutes ago, jazzyvee said:

My Saturday plans have changed so i will pop down and bring a 5 string and a couple of 4 stringers long and short scale. Alembics. Im still not used to others playing my basses so please understand if i look paranoid whilst handing it over. I like to keep all my instruments in pristine condition so No picks please and no clothing or jewellery lanyards etc that may damage the finish. 

I've already checked that (a) my blet buckle has no sharp edges and (b) my t-shirt covers it 🙂

6 minutes ago, jebroad said:

Feel free to come over for a coffee or a butty- you've got a long wait

Just a general note for the day, I’m in the caffe with a delicious latte and the cakes! Were I not diabetic I’d be on them, it’s only a 30 second stroll from the village hall, I can heartily recommend it. Cheers @jebroad I’ve got a good book.

• Like 1