Why become a member? ×

Midlands bass (and guitar) bash 4/5/19

jebroad

On 26/04/2019 at 19:56, Skinnyman said:

Ooh, I dunno. I reckon JM's browser history wouldn't bear close examination. And I bet Edwina and him got mucky in all sorts of different ways. There were probably eggs involved.....

Hers...

On 30/04/2019 at 16:54, Bassman Sam said:

Please bring the Rick, I haven't played one for around 40 years.

Then It will feel quite good for 19.4 seconds before you suddenly recall what you don’t like about them 

• Haha 3

I just dug out the cases for the basses - I'm actually excited pretty excited about this. 
Will see what fits into the car (coming down that way with the wife and child as it's pretty close to the inlaws) 
For @owen I'll try and fit 4 basses and an amp in there! :D 

The odd bitsa I've got is worth bringing as I reread the first post and realised Jon Shuker will be there and he sold me the ash for the body. Not that I play it much mind :S I probably would have sold it if it had any value!

• Like 2

On 04/30/2019 at 16:54, Bassman Sam said:

Please bring the Rick, I haven't played one for around 40 years.

Yep @Skinnyman, bring the Rick.

We might need a bottle opener 🔧 (couldn't find a bottle opener piccy, so I found another Rick-shaped one :))

Or a pickaxe ⛏

:D

Edited by Teebs
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bassman Sam said:

Are we going to have  Basschat lanyards with our BC names and our real names on them?  It's  a good Bass Bash practice to break the ice. Mine reads " Oh, No. Not that silly billy again."

Surely not! :)

8 minutes ago, Bassman Sam said:

Are we going to have  Basschat lanyards with our BC names and our real names on them?  It's  a good Bass Bash practice to break the ice. Mine reads " Oh, No. Not that Twunt again."

I am not sure about lanyards, at my first Bash a couple of folk had them and I wished I had one, last time at the SWBB I was glad I didn’t, mind you, those stickers with your name in marker pen, a) they give me the Jüdderman for some reason and b) I seem to be someone to whom nothing will adhere. I am rethinking the lanyard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

b) I seem to be someone to whom nothing will adhere. 

Those stickers usually work on foreheads... 

I have no bass-related raffle prizes to bring, and have run out of time to bake the intended cake. Will have to be something shop bought 😞

For reasons that will become clear, I would like to fix an actual time for my 1/2 hr (including questions) spiel on weight reduction for those who want to listen to the drivel. 

Anyone object to me nabbing a 2.30pm slot? ;)

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Andyjr1515 said:

For reasons that will become clear, I would like to fix an actual time for my 1/2 hr (including questions) spiel on weight reduction for those who want to listen to the drivel. 

Anyone object to me nabbing a 2.30pm slot? ;)

Wait reduction? 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bassman Sam said:

Are we going to have  Basschat lanyards with our BC names and our real names on them?  It's  a good Bass Bash practice to break the ice. Mine reads " Oh, No. Not that Twunt again."

@ped shipped me 30 lanyards so yes! It was real useful at the last bash 

• Like 3

On 02/05/2019 at 09:31, MoJo said:

Found out last night that the host of the party that we're playing at on Saturday night, wants us to set up at lunchtime, and for that reason, I'm out. Gutted 

Shame you can't make it but thanks for posting this - I'd written 'Bass Bash Sunday' in my calendar a long time ago...…... 

• Haha 1