Why become a member? ×

Midlands bass (and guitar) bash 4/5/19

jebroad

10 hours ago, Jimothey said:

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it on Saturday now one of the other Joiners has had a bereavement in the family so I've offered to cover his shift, I suppose there's always next year!! ☹️

Sad times for us, but this pales into insignificance compared to them so you are doing a good thing!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Just a thought, folks.  These kinds of events tend to need extension leads.  If you have an up to date PAT tested lead, probably worth popping it in your boot.

As Devil's advocate should we worry about an extension lead in a room brimming with non-pat tested amplifiers and their kettle leads?

33 minutes ago, Richard R said:

In case people haven't seen theme before, these are a great way to keep the power tidy, especially on temporary stages.  I have no affiliation to B&Q, I'm just a sound engineer who hates messy cabling.

https://www.diy.com/departments/masterplug-5-socket-13-a-extension-lead-15-m-blue/244075_BQ.prd

Genius idea but given my ability to tangle cables without even trying, I suspect they'd discover my emaciated body tangled up in that thing...

Edited by Skinnyman
  • Haha 1

Got the day ticket from Mrs Skinny so I’ll see you all there.

I’m trying to decide whether to bring anything to The Bash other than myself.....

I could bring the Dingwall Super P that I currently have up for sale? Or a Rickenbacker to annoy Teebs. Or the little Gretsch which will fit in the car easier. 

A Barefaced One10 if anyone is interested in just how much noise something so small can make (those with a child under five will already know the volume that tiny things can make but for the rest of us...)

And a Genzler Magellan 800 just to make sure I can keep up with the neighbours....

Oh, and a PAT tested extension lead (good call, Andy)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

I’m trying to decide whether to bring anything to The Bash other than myself.....

Please do. 

I just get a feeling these things wouldn’t work as well if we all didn’t bring anything! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

Got the day ticket from Mrs Skinny so I’ll see you all there.

I could bring the Dingwall Super P that I currently have up for sale? Or a Rickenbacker to annoy Teebs. Or the little Gretsch which will fit in the car easier. 

A Barefaced One10 if anyone is interested in just how much noise something so small can make (those with a child under five will already know the volume that tiny things can make but for the rest of us...)

And a Genzler Magellan 800 just to make sure I can keep up with the neighbours....

Oh, and a PAT tested extension lead (good call, Andy)

Please bring the Rick, I haven't played one for around 40 years.

• Like 1

I have some books for the raffle...Rock Hardware....The Bass handbook...Totally Guitar (definitive guide) still looking for others!..I would like to bring for sale...Enfield Cannon & Nathan Shepard 4 string bass..Aguilar AG700 & SL112 ltd

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, cytania said:

Two last minute attendees. MarillionRed and Cytania.Two last minute attendees. MarillionRed and Cytania.

"Final call for two last minute attendees, MarillionRed and Cytania. Calling MarillionRed and Cytania"

👍 :)

• Like 1

Guest MoJo

Found out last night that the host of the party that we're playing at on Saturday night, wants us to set up at lunchtime, and for that reason, I'm out. Gutted 

11 hours ago, Teebs said:

"Final call for two last minute attendees, MarillionRed and Cytania. Calling MarillionRed and Cytania"

👍 :)

I think I'm already on the list, but Alan (Cytania) has now confirmed. We're in! Raffle prize sorted.

Edited by Marillionred
Addition
  • Like 2