Why become a member? ×

Midlands bass (and guitar) bash 4/5/19

jebroad

18 hours ago, Andyjr1515 said:

OK - I'll start off the raffle prizes.  I will contribute this:

1019565992_MidlandsBassBash.thumb.jpg.b5cbf73180bd88aa39c909d95fb0a654.jpg

A number of you have already seen it at previous bass bashes and - until the website wiped all of the avatars - this was my avatar since joining Basschat, so it's only fitting ;)

It's a Squier Jaguar - the original full scale version.  Great to play;  hmmm...Seymour Duncan 'designed' p/ups - not the most exciting but eminently upgradable; passive electrics; stacked volume tone for each pup; D'addario Chromes; one of my early veneering jobs; remodelled scratchplate covered in automotive-go-faster-carbon-fibre matting; natural sides and back:

IMG_1512.thumb.JPG.6e1d53ad58d95f85405e8f7335a8767f.JPG

Andy

Fancy opening the raffle to Non-Attendees 😁 Very generous and hope you all have a great day!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Andyjr1515 said:

OK - I'll start off the raffle prizes.  I will contribute this:

1019565992_MidlandsBassBash.thumb.jpg.b5cbf73180bd88aa39c909d95fb0a654.jpg

A number of you have already seen it at previous bass bashes and - until the website wiped all of the avatars - this was my avatar since joining Basschat, so it's only fitting ;)

It's a Squier Jaguar - the original full scale version.  Great to play;  hmmm...Seymour Duncan 'designed' p/ups - not the most exciting but eminently upgradable; passive electrics; stacked volume tone for each pup; D'addario Chromes; one of my early veneering jobs; remodelled scratchplate covered in automotive-go-faster-carbon-fibre matting; natural sides and back:

IMG_1512.thumb.JPG.6e1d53ad58d95f85405e8f7335a8767f.JPG

Andy

Blimey! That's some raffle prize. Very generous of you Andy

I handed out the raffle tickets as folks came in, so it was free with small things on the table, set of clamps, strings stuff like that. Then Andy dropped a bass on it one year just to throw me so we had two raffles. The free random stuff one and a paid one for the bass which went into the BC coffers.

3 hours ago, Si600 said:

I handed out the raffle tickets as folks came in, so it was free with small things on the table, set of clamps, strings stuff like that. Then Andy dropped a bass on it one year just to throw me so we had two raffles. The free random stuff one and a paid one for the bass which went into the BC coffers.

I like the idea that I pay for tickets, money goes to charity and their are higher chances I might win some little thing. It’s going to charity after all. 

• Like 1

The other way, used in other Bassbashes I've been to are that raffle tickets are sold in the normal way.

The last couple I've been to have set £1 a ticket and you can buy as many or as few as you like (or none, of course) and the winner of each ticket gets to choose what's remaining on the table...

Easy to administrate and folks can bring along stuff to pop on the table on the day.