Why become a member? ×

Midlands bass (and guitar) bash 4/5/19

jebroad

Looks like I will be able to attend this year! I don't usually bring gear, but I was thinking I might bring my new rig this time.  It consists of an Ashdown OriginAL head and two Trace Elliot ELF cabs, a 1x10 and a 2x8. It's all very small and lightweight but really packs a punch.  If there's still room for more gear I'll add it to the list (along with my trusty MIM Fender P)

• Like 7

Originally I couldn't make it because it clashed with my footie team's last home game. Well, due to Man Utd's involvement in Europe (though I think theyve been knocked out now anyway) they decided to move the fixture to Sunday 5th May instead, which means in theory I'm now available to pop along for a while. Be afraid, be very afraid...

So I could bring the MacMillen 12 step along with the kit I hook mine up to if anyone's interested? If there's a PA set up somewhere that would be handy or I could just bring along a bass combo to run it through I guess.

Edited by KevB
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, jebroad said:

Important announcement 

Bash is coming soon so I've got some questions-

Raffle?- Good idea? Yes

Cake and food?- Yes Please :)

Any PA gear requests? Should have a bass rig and a simple PA rig from @AlphaPro  I'm okay, ta

Anyone want to give a talk? No - I'd be scared! :(

Thanks jebroad :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jebroad said:

Important announcement 

Bash is coming soon so I've got some questions-

Raffle?- Good idea?

Cake and food?-

Any PA gear requests? Should have a bass rig and a simple PA rig from @AlphaPro

Anyone want to give a talk?

I think I'm down to do a talk on the progress towards building lightweight guitars and basses and their respective trials, tribulations, considerations and results.  What do you reckon - 20 minutes plus questions?  All being well, I will have 2 or 3 examples with me and I think @Len_derby is bringing his Swift Lite along too.

Raffle sounds good...I'll have a scout if there's anything I can contribute if everyone else can too :)

Cakewise, not sure our former cake-making wonders are able to come this time round so maybe, those folks who can, bring along some biscuits / bought cakes / buns, etc to stave off the hunger pangs?

Edited by Andyjr1515
  • Like 2

OK - I'll start off the raffle prizes.  I will contribute this:

1019565992_MidlandsBassBash.thumb.jpg.b5cbf73180bd88aa39c909d95fb0a654.jpg

A number of you have already seen it at previous bass bashes and - until the website wiped all of the avatars - this was my avatar since joining Basschat, so it's only fitting ;)

It's a Squier Jaguar - the original full scale version.  Great to play;  hmmm...Seymour Duncan 'designed' p/ups - not the most exciting but eminently upgradable; passive electrics; stacked volume tone for each pup; D'addario Chromes; one of my early veneering jobs; remodelled scratchplate covered in automotive-go-faster-carbon-fibre matting; natural sides and back:

IMG_1512.thumb.JPG.6e1d53ad58d95f85405e8f7335a8767f.JPG

Andy

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Andyjr1515 said:

A number of you have already seen it at previous bass bashes and - until the website wiped all of the avatars - this was my avatar since joining Basschat, so it's only fitting ;)

It's a Squier Jaguar - the original full scale version.  Great to play;  hmmm...Seymour Duncan 'designed' p/ups - not the most exciting but eminently upgradable; passive electrics; stacked volume tone for each pup; D'addario Chromes; one of my early veneering jobs; remodelled scratchplate covered in automotive-go-faster-carbon-fibre matting; natural sides and back:

Andy

Lord above, raffletastic...

27 minutes ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Andy

Wow, that's very generous of you  Andy. Well done. 

27 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Man I feel intimidated by this raffle table now!

Not at all! 

Trust me, having been in a number of raffles at various bass bashes, the thrill of winning a set of allen keys is just as great as the bigger things!  And I'm still using them. :)

All contributions, large or small,  I am sure will be gratefully received and excitedly won! :)

• Like 3