Why become a member? ×

Midlands bass (and guitar) bash 4/5/19

jebroad

40 minutes ago, jebroad said:

Feel free to come, @MoJoKe 

We’ll have sessions of people showing off and giving talks about bass related bits so let me know if you’d like your name down for that. 

Crikey, I'm well past showing off!  No, just a bit of floor space and somewhere to plug stuff in is all!  I'll see if I can blag some raffle prizes if you do such a thing...  I'm doing the same at the SW Bash next month, which I have attended twice now ('cos I live fairly locally)...

I'll probably spend more of my energy on the day spouting about how brilliant Mr Chown's new NT basses are...  so good I have just ordered two!  I'm praying they'll arrive in time for the bash, but that's probably expecting way too much..!

• Like 1

On 19/03/2019 at 21:57, owen said:

I don't suppose anyone coming has a B Amp, a Strymon Big Sky or a Helix Stomp?

No, but I can bring my Multiamp..?  It's been around a while now, but still one of the best for bass amp modelling (and I went though a phase of trying quite a few!!)

Ref talks / demos, I have two thoughts if there is an interest:

Either:

A talk through my journey towards lighter-weight instruments, including some of the design and construction considerations and practicalities.  I (and @Len_derby) can bring along a number of instruments that people can try 'on the strap' including Kert's Camphor single cut bass (weight lightened conventionally), and then illustrating my present construction approach Pete's piccolo bass (& my almost identical electric guitar) and @Len_derby 's full-scale Swift Lite bass.

or

A repeat of the veneering demo

Doing both is probably a touch too much Andyjr1515 for one session!

What do you reckon?

Andy

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Either:

A talk through my journey towards lighter-weight instruments, including some of the design and construction considerations and practicalities.  I (and @Len_derby) can bring along a number of instruments that people can try 'on the strap' including Kert's Camphor single cut bass (weight lightened conventionally), and then illustrating my present construction approach Pete's piccolo bass (& my almost identical electric guitar) and @Len_derby 's full-scale Swift Lite bass.

or

What do you reckon?

Andy

I'm interested in both, but I appreciate the logistics being a problem.

For me, the lighter-weight instruments designs would be favourite.

Thanks very much :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Either:

or

What do you reckon?

Andy

I'd be very interested to see/hear the former Andy

Edited by MoJo

21 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I'd be interested in anything on luthierie (is that a real word?)

I’ll be bringing along a few own built basses if you want a chat about home building basses. I’ll have two semi hollow basses and a couple of solid bodied ones as well. One semi hollow bass will be medium scale, the other will be short scale and of interest to @Frank Blank...I’m determined to have it finished for then!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

I’ll be bringing along a few own built basses if you want a chat about home building basses. I’ll have two semi hollow basses and a couple of solid bodied ones as well. One semi hollow bass will be medium scale, the other will be short scale and of interest to @Frank Blank...I’m determined to have it finished for then!!

Yay! A chance to try it out!  I am stupidly excited.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo I sent  @Frank Blank a PM and he asked if I was coming to this... TBH I hadn't even considered it... but I think I should be able to! 
First time at one of these things so you'll need to be nice. 

I'll bring the green walkabout and whatever basses folk are interested to try... 
Sadowsky will lee / Warwick 1991 Streamer with Barts and ACG preamp / G&L L1000 1982 / Homemade 2 MM pup Stingray-Jazz-P like thing 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LukeFRC said:

Sooo I sent  @Frank Blank a PM and he asked if I was coming to this... TBH I hadn't even considered it... but I think I should be able to! 
First time at one of these things so you'll need to be nice. 

I'll bring the green walkabout and whatever basses folk are interested to try... 
Sadowsky will lee / Warwick 1991 Streamer with Barts and ACG preamp / G&L L1000 1982 / Homemade 2 MM pup Stingray-Jazz-P like thing 

That will be all of those.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. jebroad
2. Len_Derby
3. Jabba_the_gut
4. Spondonbassed
- Hohner B2A, Steinberger Spirit XT25
5. Andyjr1515
6. Jimothe y
7. Mojo
8. Owen
9. Teebs
10. Josie
11. Aidan63
12. Frank Blank
13. petecarlton
(newbie)
14. Bassman Sam. NR Custom built Thunderbird, Ashdown 2x10 combo, MM P-bass.
15. ChrisLovatt (bassbash virgin)
16. Stub Mandrel - Fender Pe rformer
17. Richard R. (newbie too). I'l l bring along my Brawley Artemis, if anyone is inte rested.
18. Marillionred - John Letts fretless 5,  Warwick Dolphin SN 5, Michael Kelly Dragonfl y acoustic 5 (this one is for sale 🙂  )
19. Skinnyman - only a possible at this stage but I'll try and make it with a BF One10, possibly one of their new GXII cabs, and a bass or two
20. LukeFRC Mesa Walkabout and a few Basses

• Like 1

1. jebroad
2. Len_Derby
3. Jabba_the_gut
4. Spondonbassed - Hohner B2A, Steinberger Spirit XT25
5. Andyjr1515
6. Jimothe y
7. Mojo
8. Owen
9. Teebs
10. Josie
11. Aidan63
12. Frank Blank
13. petecarlton (newbie)
14. Bassman Sam. NR Custom built Thunderbird, Ashdown 2x10 combo, MM P-bass.
17. Richard R. (newbie too). I'l l bring along my Brawley Artemis, if anyone is inte rested.
18. Marillionred - John Letts fretless 5,  Warwick Dolphin SN 5, Michael Kelly Dragonfl y acoustic 5 (this one is for sale 🙂  )
19. Skinnyman - only a possible at this stage but I'll try and make it with a BF One10, possibly one of their new GXII cabs, and a b donkey or two

21. Nick A: Wal custom fretless, Warwick dolphin pro1, bitsa with a very nice acg-eq-01 preamp in it. PJB flight case and pb300 ...

• Like 1

On 08/04/2019 at 08:59, Roland Rock said:

.... I'm a stealer, not a creator!

Just to clarify, I don't plan to steal anyone's gear.

1. jebroad
2. Len_Derby
3. Jabba_the_gut
4. Spondonbassed - Hohner B2A, Steinberger Spirit XT25
5. Andyjr1515
6. Jimothe y
7. Mojo
8. Owen
9. Teebs
10. Josie
11. Aidan63
12. Frank Blank
13. petecarlton (newbie)
14. Bassman Sam. NR Custom built Thunderbird, Ashdown 2x10 combo, MM P-bass.
17. Richard R. (newbie too). I'l l bring along my Brawley Artemis, if anyone is inte rested.
18. Marillionred - John Letts fretless 5,  Warwick Dolphin SN 5, Michael Kelly Dragonfl y acoustic 5 (this one is for sale 🙂  )
19. Skinnyman - only a possible at this stage but I'll try and make it with a BF One10, possibly one of their new GXII cabs, and a b donkey or two

21. Nick A: Wal custom fretless, Warwick dolphin pro1, bitsa with a very nice acg-eq-01 preamp in it. PJB flight case and pb300 ...

22: Roland Rock: W&T Ergon 5, Glockenklang Blue Rock, BF Super Twin, Future Impact

• Like 1
  • Haha 2