Why become a member? ×

Midlands bass (and guitar) bash 4/5/19

jebroad

Update:

We've made excellent progress just lately.  The Falls Clinic and the physiotherapists have got Jack standing and sitting well enough to manage the passenger seat of his own car with minor adaptations!  We had a trial run out this afternoon.

All being well, we should be attending with our own transport.  Many thanks to @Andyjr1515 and @Stub Mandrel for their kind offers of a lift.  We are optimistic as always but it's reassuring to know that we have options if the rules change on us again suddenly.

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, SpondonBassed said:

Update:

We've made excellent progress just lately.  The Falls Clinic and the physiotherapists have got Jack standing and sitting well enough to manage the passenger seat of his own car with minor adaptations!  We had a trial run out this afternoon.

All being well, we should be attending with our own transport.  Many thanks to @Andyjr1515 and @Stub Mandrel for their kind offers of a lift.  We are optimistic as always but it's reassuring to know that we have options of the rules change on us again suddenly.

Good news mate. I look forward to seeing you both there.

• Thanks 1

On 07/03/2019 at 15:18, SpondonBassed said:

1. jebroad

2. Len_Derby
3. Jabba_the_gut
4. Spondonbassed - Hohner B2A, Steinberger Spirit XT25
5. Andyjr1515
6. Jimothey
7. Mojo
8. Owen
9. Teebs
10. Josie
11. Aidan63
12. Frank Blank
13. petecarlton (newbie)
14. Bassman Sam. I'll bring my NR Custom built Thunderbird, Ashdown 2x10 combo and a MM P-bass.
15. ChrisLovatt (bassbash virgin) 
16. Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer

17. Richard R. (newbie too). I'll bring along my Brawley Artemis, if anyone is interested.

18. Marillionred - John Letts fretless 5,  Warwick Dolphin SN 5, Michael Kelly Dragonfly acoustic 5 (this one is for sale 🙂  )

Oh yes.  In keeping with the update.

1. jebroad

2. Len_Derby
3. Jabba_the_gut
4. Spondonbassed - Hohner B2A, Steinberger Spirit XT25
5. Andyjr1515
6. Jimothe y
7. Mojo
8. Owen
9. Teebs
10. Josie
11. Aidan63
12. Frank Blank
13. petecarlton (newbie)
14. Bassman Sam. I'll bring my NR Custom built Thunderbird, Ashdown 2x10 combo and a MM P-bass.
16. Stub Mandrel - Fender Pe rformer

17. Richard R. (newbie too). I'l l bring along my Brawley Artemis, if anyone is inte rested.

18. Marillionred - John Letts fretless 5,  Warwick Dolphin SN 5, Michael Kelly Dragonfl y acoustic 5 (this one is for sale 🙂  )

19. Skinnyman - only a possible at this stage but I'll try and make it with a BF One10, possibly one of their new GXII cabs, and a bass or two

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

1. jebroad

2. Len_Derby
3. Jabba_the_gut
4. Spondonbassed - Hohner B2A, Steinberger Spirit XT25
5. Andyjr1515
6. Jimothe y
7. Mojo
8. Owen
9. Teebs
10. Josie
11. Aidan63
12. Frank Blank
13. petecarlton (newbie)
14. Bassman Sam. I'll bring my NR Custom built Thunderbird, Ashdown 2x10 combo and a MM P-bass.
16. Stub Mandrel - Fender Pe rformer

17. Richard R. (newbie too). I'l l bring along my Brawley Artemis, if anyone is inte rested.

18. Marillionred - John Letts fretless 5,  Warwick Dolphin SN 5, Michael Kelly Dragonfl y acoustic 5 (this one is for sale 🙂  )

19. Skinnyman - only a possible at this stage but I'll try and make it with a BF One10, possibly one of their new GXII cabs, and a bass or two

*like* :) (no TLRTs :()

Bring your Rickenbacker & we can recreate your profile pic! :)

Edited by Teebs
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Teebs said:

But but but... your profile pic came out so well after last time! :D

Indeed. But then your cheque bounced, I didn't get any of the follow on work that you promised and my friend Donna reckons a 'proper' photographer would have kept his own clothes on. I don't know, I just felt so....so.... used

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skinnyman said:

Indeed. But then your cheque bounced, I didn't get any of the follow on work that you promised and my friend Donna reckons a 'proper' photographer would have kept his own clothes on. I don't know, I just felt so....so.... used

Your mate Donna knows nowt! >:(

:laugh1:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Sorry to interrupt the hilarity you cheeky scamps but can I just ask @jebroad is this Bash confirmed for certain, as in hall booked etc.? Only checking because I want to book a hotel for the evening before so I don't have to do a round trip on the day.

The halls all booked but there was an incident there recently with people smashing a window so there is the chance of changes in the people who run it.

The booking form, deposit and goodwill deposit have been giving to the committee so there shouldn't be an issue.

There's a big meeting in the next week or two so maybe hold fire for now and as soon I can give the 100%, I will.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jebroad said:

The halls all booked but there was an incident there recently with people smashing a window so there is the chance of changes in the people who run it.

The booking form, deposit and goodwill deposit have been giving to the committee so there shouldn't be an issue.

There's a big meeting in the next week or two so maybe hold fire for now and as soon I can give the 100%, I will.

Superb, thanks. I’ve booked but can cancel so we’re all good.

Hello Gentlemen,  May I come too?

As quite a few people here know, I do shows and a bit of demo work with Markbass, so I always have a few demo bits to play with if anyone is interested?  I recently started gigging myself with the Casa (Michael League signature head. Its a huuuge sounding lovely warm, retro 70s solid state amp, which you can also drive to full on John Entwhistle!) into a pair of STD121HR cabs, which doesn't appear to be stocked in many places yet, and I also have one of the new CMD101p combos, for starters...  Let me know if there is anything else you want to hear, and I can see if I can blag one?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MoJoKe said:

Hello Gentlemen,  May I come too?

As quite a few people here know, I do shows and a bit of demo work with Markbass, so I always have a few demo bits to play with if anyone is interested?

Definitely! I'd certainly be interested :)