Why become a member? ×

Midlands bass (and guitar) bash 4/5/19

jebroad

On 03/03/2019 at 21:40, Marillionred said:

Missed last year, great to be able to come this time, but nothing new to bring.

1. jebroad

2. Len_Derby
3. Jabba_the_gut
4. *Spondonbassed* - Hohner B2A
5. Andyjr1515
6. Jimothey
7. Mojo
8. Owen
9. Teebs
10. Josie
11. Aidan63
12. Frank Blank
13. petecarlton (newbie)
14. Bassman Sam. I'll bring my NR Custom built Thunderbird, Ashdown 2x10 combo and a MM P-bass.
15. ChrisLovatt (bassbash virgin) 
16. Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer

17. Richard R. (newbie too). I'll bring along my Brawley Artemis, if anyone is interested.

18. Marillionred - John Letts fretless 5,  Warwick Dolphin SN 5, Michael Kelly Dragonfly acoustic 5 (this one is for sale 🙂  )

** Dependant on circumstances now.

I have already had the kind offer of a lift with a friendly acquaintance and well respected member of the parish of BC.

Since that was arranged, I have become responsible for the full time care of my good friend and housemate Trevor.  Some of you may have seen him at last year's Bash.  He drove me there but weeks later he became ill and partially disabled.  Driving is off the cards for him for the foreseeable.  He also requires attendance throughout the 24 hour day.  Now I have to consider crying off unless one of two things happen:

1st scenario - His daughter and I find someone qualified to sit with him for the day.  I can then take up the kind offer that has already been made for me travelling alone (with paddle bass).

2nd scenario - I mooch a lift with a member who has the capacity to stow a fold-up wheelchair, Trevor, me and my bass.  When I say mooch, I will pay our share of fuel cost, no worries.  @jebroad; Am I right to assume that there is a functional disabled toilet at the venue?

The second scenario would require a vehicle that also has good passenger seat access and height off the ground because Trevor is a large man and he can't cope with the low seat height of most saloon cars at this time.  Physio Therapy is aimed towards getting him fit to cope with getting in and more importantly out of a vehicle safely.  Without a crystal ball, and for the purpose of this post, we have to assume his currently lack of mobility.  I'd drive him in his own car (2005 Toyota Corolla) but it is too difficult for him to get in and out right now.  There is a small chance that, by May, we might trade it in for something to suit but it is a small chance.

I'm not wanting to cancel but that is a distinct possibility if things don't improve.

Are any of the attendees in a position to help me out please?

• Like 1

On 03/03/2019 at 21:40, Marillionred said:

18. Marillionred - John Letts fretless 5,  Warwick Dolphin SN 5, Michael Kelly Dragonfly acoustic 5 (this one is for sale 🙂  )

I love my Dragonfly (fretless 5), it ain't going nowhere! Do you prefer the JL? Looking forward to seeing that. I was thinking of bringing my Dragonfly, but don't need to if yours will be there 🙂 

Edited by josie

11 hours ago, josie said:

@SpondonBassed sorry I can't help but really hope it works out for you both! 

Cheers!

We're quite optimistic.  Whilst not expecting miracles, we can see a bit more scope for mobility because Jack's been doing his physio therapy for the last few weeks.  As he was a national weight lifting competitor in his time, he is no stranger to reps and regular training sessions so it's going well.  In addition, he is to be assessed at the falls clinic later in the week.  We hope to understand what triggers his falls from this and make improvements to his treatment.

Also we have had a kind offer of help already.  I'm darned if I'm going to let the opportunity to attend slip by.  Jack enjoyed it a lot last year too so he's got a goal to pull him through.

• Like 6

Silly question...

Should I bring an amp? If so a big one or a little one?

On the one hand I imagine its a PITA for everyone to be queuing up to plug in.

On the other a hall with fifteen people all playing different things at max volume might not be a good idea either...

10 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Silly question...

Should I bring an amp? If so a big one or a little one?

On the one hand I imagine its a PITA for everyone to be queuing up to plug in.

On the other a hall with fifteen people all playing different things at max volume might not be a good idea either...

Everyone brings their own amplification, I suppose it depends how much room there is!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank Blank said:

I only need enough to swing quite a small cat.

Erm...I hate to break it to you FB, but it's BassBash, not CatBash:facepalm:

There'll be no cruelty to animals (or Basschatterpeople), hopefully...:/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1