Why become a member? ×

Midlands bass (and guitar) bash 4/5/19

jebroad

Hello there, basschatters 

The current plans for the 2019 MBB are as such

It'll be held on may the 4th 2019 (star wars day) at Doveridge village hall (Sand Lane, Doveridge, DE6 5JQ)

Doveridge is relatively easy to access by train but there will be a short section needed to be done by taxi as the nearest station is Uttoxeter (a couple of miles down the A50)                                               

A bus does run to doveridge but its reliability is questionable. Plenty of parking is available.                                                                                                                                                                                                

1pm-5pm (ish)

Theres a main hall with a stage and alphaprocreative will supply PA gear and a couple of spare bass rigs.                                                                                                                                                                       

There is also a smaller room with a kitchen for tea and coffee. This will be used for talks and the such                                                                                               

A 5 pound entry fee on the day which will just pay for the room and any extra will go to basschat funds or a charity of basschats choice                                                                                                                   

Any cake is much appreciated and so is anyone wishing to show off basses, amps, effects or even guitars.

More information will be added of talks and attendees closer to the date.

Please contact me if you are interested in giving a talk or want to turn up early to set up anything

If you think you can make it, add your name and any gear you may bring to the list below.

Please bring- Cake, enthusiasm, raffle prizes and extension leads

Cheers, Jamie 

Notable attendees

Chowny

Jon Shuker 

Manton custom

Edited by jebroad
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Silvia Bluejay said:

Pinned to the top. I will create a FB event with the date and place. I'm unlikely to attend, given the distance, but I'm happy to spread the word on Basschat's social media, and publish the schedule in due course, when you have one. :)

Cheers for that, A schedule will exist.... at some point (when i know who and when)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jebroad said:

Yes. 

Careful now.

We'd hate to see you out of pocket and struggling to pay the bills or worse, end up faced with a room full of Jar Jar Binks impersonators and one massive Wookie suit with three of the shorter members stood on each others' shoulders trying to get in on one ticket.

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Possible this coming year as I flunked 2018 due to DIY workload wished on me by the scumbag previous owner of my current abode 

if i can get a pass I shall be bringing my bass doc P with own-brand relic. That’s got you all excited, hasn’t it 

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

@jebroad...Looks like a good event unfolding however I think that this event is suffering from the same as the SE Bash did - potential attendees needing a good kick up the a55...you might need to spend a few hours sending out PMs to people in the area reminding them that it's on and asking them to share with other musicians they know. There are a number of BCers who I know live within 30mins who haven't got their names down yet.

What some people don't get is how much work is involved in setting up a Bash...it's not just book the hall and they will come....Bashes need to be cost effective to continue. They'll be the first to complain when the event isn't scheduled for the following year.

Come on Midlanders....use it or lose it!!

Edited by TheGreek
  • Like 2