Jump to content
Why become a member? Read more... ×
Check out Guitarchat.co.uk Read more... ×
Skol303

September Composition Challenge - GET WRITING

Recommended Posts

I'd like to hear you read it yourself, I imagine your spoken voice to be like Robert Wyatt, due to your avatar :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

I'd like to hear you read it yourself, I imagine your spoken voice to be like Robert Wyatt, due to your avatar :)

... as is my cornet playing. I'm flattered. :|

 

On second thoughts, I might just try it, as a challenge to self. Don't wait up, though. Hmm... Have I any spare wax cylinders..?
Potters off, rubbing a furrowed brow until the twinges get too bad, then turns back to put the kettle on. 'Now then, what was I going to go upstairs for..? Something to do with cornets..? Hmm...' ]

 

Edit: @MoonBassAlpha OK, the deed is done. Don't blame me; blame 'im there... (points wildly around, trying to focus tired eyes...)

Edited by Dad3353

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's quite uncanny Douglas,  spot on for dear old Bob! Just how I imagined, except without a pop filter ;~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it's cat among the pigeons time again. I did a different "tune" today, thought I'd squeeze a bone fide entry in this month before I head south on me hols.

Can you have two? Which to choose, some kind of play-off? Who really cares anyway?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

That's quite uncanny Douglas,  spot on for dear old Bob! Just how I imagined, except without a pop filter ;~

What..? Without a pop filter..? How dare you..! ¬¬ I'll have you know (it's one of my many tightly-held secrets, but now that I'm provoked...) that that was recorded from the front face of a Sennheiser E609, carefully held by hand inside its protective soft case..! If that's not a pop filter, I don't know what is..! :lol:
(Unless, of course, you're confusing 'Pop' with 'Dad'..! -_- )

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/09/2018 at 11:12, Dad3353 said:

"Who snoozes, loses..!" :on_the_quiet:

...

:lol: :friends:

I just loses whichever way , sometimes I think the BC voting massive just aren't ready for me just yet  🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

I just loses whichever way , sometimes I think the BC voting massive just aren't ready for me just yet  🤗

No, no; courage, old lad. As I progressively lose more and more of my auditory faculties, I appreciate more and more your vocal offerings. The Singing Postman had a career (of sorts...), so there's hope for us all, no..?
I can't say I've found the key to voting success either, though, so don't listen to me. (No, I didn't mean 'Don't listen to my entry', you fool..! D'oh..! I give up..! )

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

No, no; courage, old lad. As I progressively lose more and more of my auditory faculties, I appreciate more and more your vocal offerings. The Singing Postman had a career (of sorts...), so there's hope for us all, no..?
I can't say I've found the key to voting success either, though, so don't listen to me. (No, I didn't mean 'Don't listen to my entry', you fool..! D'oh..! I give up..! )

I think your auditory issues are what helps you tolerate my offerings 😉

I love that this monthly challenge gives me the excuse and opportunity to exorcise my random creative streak, or is that exercise my streak 🤔

I wear my heart on my sleeve, expose my hopes and fears, bare my soul for all to hear  ..... it sometimes gets a laugh ....ah the tears of a clown ....or maybe just a fool who is left trying to get a Bosch Rotak 40r to the moon :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Well Lurks, I have indeed decided to get back on me bike....! 

We adopted an 11 month old boy back in March and needless to say have struggled to find the time  for the comp..I think the brain forgets what it was like first time round (or at least mine does !!)..

Anyhow, I've got some basics done,under the working title of "Hazy Sunday on the moon " !!

Edited by fingers211
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fingers211 said:

 

Well Lurks, I have indeed decided to get back on me bike....! 

We adopted an 11 month old boy back in March and needless to say have struggled to find the time  for the comp..I think the brain forgets what it was like first time round (or at least mine does !!)..

Anyhow, I've got some basics done,under the working title of "Hazy Sunday on the moon " !!

Excellent news on a few fronts there 👍 Well done 

lazing on a sunny  half-the-moon  😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention, all the guitars and bass on Gardening were recorded using the direct out from the  Blackstar beam (supposedly speaker emulated ) . Most of the effects were done on the unit too, except for the infinite repeat on the vocal and some of the guitar.  It does introduce a bit of hiss, but I can pass that off as cosmic background radiation :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

  It does introduce a bit of hiss, but I can pass that off as cosmic background radiation :)

Dark Matter,  from a Blackstar :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha! Coincidentally, my band Charms Against the Evil Eye has a song called Dark Matter, but it's more than 10 years old, so I definitely won't be adding that one to my entries this month! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  My entry into this months basschat comp, inspired by the image chosen by winner JPB.
Squire strat guitars, mustang bass and vocals by me. Shuffled together in Reaper. (t'is amazing what you forget in 9 months -- providing,of course, that you knew anything to begin with !!) Ez keeps a beat and space talk courtesy of Freesound.... it were a bit of a struggle but, I'd forgotten how enjoyable these ditties are to do 😲 !!

 

 

Edited by fingers211
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I struggled to get this one together. I've gone through a lot of variations on it before finding a small part that I liked then built the track around it. Hope you enjoy.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×