Why become a member? ×

September Composition Challenge - GET WRITING

Skol303

13 hours ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

I'd like to hear you read it yourself, I imagine your spoken voice to be like Robert Wyatt, due to your avatar :)

... as is my cornet playing. I'm flattered. :|

On second thoughts, I might just try it, as a challenge to self. Don't wait up, though. Hmm... Have I any spare wax cylinders..?
Potters off, rubbing a furrowed brow until the twinges get too bad, then turns back to put the kettle on. 'Now then, what was I going to go upstairs for..? Something to do with cornets..? Hmm...' ]

Edit: @MoonBassAlpha OK, the deed is done. Don't blame me; blame 'im there... (points wildly around, trying to focus tired eyes...)

Edited by Dad3353

3 minutes ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

That's quite uncanny Douglas,  spot on for dear old Bob! Just how I imagined, except without a pop filter ;~

What..? Without a pop filter..? How dare you..! ¬¬ I'll have you know (it's one of my many tightly-held secrets, but now that I'm provoked...) that that was recorded from the front face of a Sennheiser E609, carefully held by hand inside its protective soft case..! If that's not a pop filter, I don't know what is..! :lol:
(Unless, of course, you're confusing 'Pop' with 'Dad'..! -_- )

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

I just loses whichever way , sometimes I think the BC voting massive just aren't ready for me just yet  🤗

No, no; courage, old lad. As I progressively lose more and more of my auditory faculties, I appreciate more and more your vocal offerings. The Singing Postman had a career (of sorts...), so there's hope for us all, no..?
I can't say I've found the key to voting success either, though, so don't listen to me. (No, I didn't mean 'Don't listen to my entry', you fool..! D'oh..! I give up..! )

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

No, no; courage, old lad. As I progressively lose more and more of my auditory faculties, I appreciate more and more your vocal offerings. The Singing Postman had a career (of sorts...), so there's hope for us all, no..?
I can't say I've found the key to voting success either, though, so don't listen to me. (No, I didn't mean 'Don't listen to my entry', you fool..! D'oh..! I give up..! )

I think your auditory issues are what helps you tolerate my offerings 😉

I love that this monthly challenge gives me the excuse and opportunity to exorcise my random creative streak, or is that exercise my streak 🤔

I wear my heart on my sleeve, expose my hopes and fears, bare my soul for all to hear  ..... it sometimes gets a laugh ....ah the tears of a clown ....or maybe just a fool who is left trying to get a Bosch Rotak 40r to the moon :D

Well Lurks, I have indeed decided to get back on me bike....! 

We adopted an 11 month old boy back in March and needless to say have struggled to find the time  for the comp..I think the brain forgets what it was like first time round (or at least mine does !!)..

Anyhow, I've got some basics done,under the working title of "Hazy Sunday on the moon " !!

Edited by fingers211
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fingers211 said:

Well Lurks, I have indeed decided to get back on me bike....! 

We adopted an 11 month old boy back in March and needless to say have struggled to find the time  for the comp..I think the brain forgets what it was like first time round (or at least mine does !!)..

Anyhow, I've got some basics done,under the working title of "Hazy Sunday on the moon " !!

Excellent news on a few fronts there 👍 Well done 

lazing on a sunny  half-the-moon  😉

• Haha 1

I forgot to mention, all the guitars and bass on Gardening were recorded using the direct out from the  Blackstar beam (supposedly speaker emulated ) . Most of the effects were done on the unit too, except for the infinite repeat on the vocal and some of the guitar.  It does introduce a bit of hiss, but I can pass that off as cosmic background radiation :)

My entry into this months basschat comp, inspired by the image chosen by winner JPB.
Squire strat guitars, mustang bass and vocals by me. Shuffled together in Reaper. (t'is amazing what you forget in 9 months -- providing,of course, that you knew anything to begin with !!) Ez keeps a beat and space talk courtesy of Freesound.... it were a bit of a struggle but, I'd forgotten how enjoyable these ditties are to do 😲 !!

Edited by fingers211
  • Like 2

Havent been able to get the time to get on this page for a while, some great stuff for this months pic, you have got me all inspired now, I think I will have a pop next month but I need a new hard drive and re-load of my system first, if I make it in time I will join you all. If not will see you all shortly 🙂

I have only got half a chance this month ☹️

I had two weeks off in August and came back to a stupidly full diary , and now I'm getting clicks on reaper , which is not reapers fault , but I can't get to the bottom of it , a rethink of my computing set-up is maybe on the horizon if funds become available 

So here is this months entry, I hope you enjoy.  A bit of an experiment this time as i have worked in Reaper instead of Pro Tools so a bit of a learning curve. I have only been recording my own stuff for a few months and i think production wise this is the best result I have had so far... definitely liking Reaper 👍

• Like 1

OK , I had a riff in my head and kept this very, very simple . 

The production glitches are still in but the inspirational Bosch Rotak 16 is calling me and as I have only cut the grass twice all year , I fear some time investment is required in that direction 

Lazing on a sunny half the moon 

• Like 1