Why become a member? ×

Clement 6 string 'Anne' prototype. SOLD
£900

Sambrook

This is one awesome instrument. 

I bought this last year on here from Roger (Bassmayhem), using money saved for a change of car. Said car has now been changed, and the loan must be repaid. That's the ONLY reason I'm selling, as it is just fantastic. 

34" scale, 55mm at the nut, 21mm depth at the nut, 17mm spacing at the bridge. 

Swamp Ash body, Spanish Cedar top, mahogany and bubinga neck, macassar ebony fingerboard, mandolin frets (I think). 

Bartolini humbucker, Hipshot piezo Bridge, active vol and balance, with Bartolini internal gubbins. There was a tone knob, but Roger removed it, as it was a passive tonestyler, incompatible with the active preamp. I haven't missed it, as the balance knob does a good job of changing the tone. 

And what a tone. This is a BIG sound. I will try to include a link to the Clement site, which has a page devoted to the construction of this very instrument. It also has sound examples which are very accurate. 

https://www.clementbass.com/2014/01/the-clement-singlecut-anne-chambered-bass/

https://www.clementbass.com/2014/09/5264/

The above links have all the info needed, I think. 

It will come bubble wrapped to death inside an acoustic gig bag, itself bubble wrapped inside a box. 

I paid £900, and considered it a bargain for a handmade boutique instrument, so that's what I would like for it. It has a few minor dings, but only consistent with a well played instrument. 

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Sean P_20180830_110059.thumb.jpg.6ebdffac36afcf977a5dd20e4ddfa676.jpg

P_20180830_110111.jpg

P_20180830_110223.jpg

P_20180830_110157.jpg

P_20180830_110123.jpg

P_20180830_110137.jpg

P_20180830_110234.jpg

P_20180830_110322.jpg

P_20180830_110252.jpg

P_20180830_105722.jpg

P_20180830_105609.jpg

P_20180830_105654.jpg

P_20180830_105626.jpg

P_20180830_105706.jpg

Edited by Sambrook
  • Like 2

I forgot to mention in the description one thing:

I widened the B nut slot to accommodate a heavier gauge string, but inadvertently deepened it at the same time. You can see in the 5th pic, I have to use a small piece of spare string to lift the string, otherwise it rattles. 

Stupid, I know, but there we are. Doesn't affect the sound/playability in any way 

Well, well, well...
I thought about this bass today. A nice feather light instrument that sits perfect in the lap and hangs perfectly in a strap. Kind of miss it... :) 
This instrument has a very sonor voice. Nice! Good luck with the sale!

//Roger

• 2 weeks later...

Seems that everybody who's had something to do with this bass has commented what a great bass this is.

Can we expect a tree to post something shortly with something along the lines of "that's my boy....I knew it when it was just a twig😄😄

Too many strings for me but a lovely looking Bass. With the recommendations from former owners you'd expect it to sell quickly. Good luck.

• Haha 1

Well, TheGreek, you played the right notes there...

I found the bass being perfect in one specific meaning: it is light as a feather, but still has a big tone. Also the super nice slim profile neck, making the bass very playable. Only reason I let it go, is spelled Dingwall Voodoo Prima 6. When I got that one it was like coming home in more than one meaning. I own five Dingwalls now, and for me there is no way back. Still, my main basses are five strings, and just one six string is enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to chime in 😉

This bass worked beautifully with the Roland GK system. I've had it on several basses, but apart from the Yamaha TRB6, this is the bass that have worked best with the GK. I don't know why, really... Could be a coincidence. But it tracked superbly. 

At £700 it's a steal. I would have considered buying it back if I hadn't just ordered a new custom build from Tom.

So free bump! 

GRAVE :) 

The real thing is that i have my 34" jazz and my 34" fretless 4 string, i have a 33,5" very playable ash/maple 5 string and a 35" "alder ebony tenor 5 string"... I definitely NEED to stick to necks between 33.5 and 35 now, 34 being the most natural (and most common luckily ^^)

I've been lurking for nearly 10 years now for a light / singlecut/ original /manly made / good sounding / great pricing / tight spacing / butterfly heading ^^ 6 string... And man this pretty much looks like it ^^

:):) 

Edited by k-sad