Why become a member? ×

Now sold!! Bassix upright
£550

Took this as a p/x against a Yamaha SLB200 a few years ago and never looked back. Strung with a set of Prestos, it plays nicer than most electric uprights I've tried and has a nice natural warm and punchy sound that cuts through in a mix. This is one of the earlier models that still features a traditional style scroll that bolts onto the head/pegbox. Hand built by Alan Hatswell (as I'm sure most of you reading this will already know!). Don't see many of these around now but those who know what they are know how good Alan's work is and how nicely his instruments play.

Fingerboard is in very good condition with minimal wear, there are a few little dings in various places, but they're all very small and are typical from years of use. One small split in the frame (pictured) that was there when I got it, but its never spread and has remained the same all the time I've had it. Not sure of the exact age but I took possession around 5/6 years ago. It's a really great bass but just doesn't get the use these days and major car repairs (again!!!) have prompted a sale! I'd prefer collection but can do my best to pack it up if buyer wants to arrange a courier at their expense/risk. Weight is 7.9kg approx. I travel between my home in Pembrokeshire & Kent fairly regularly so could meet up along the way or in Kent. Don't mind meeting elsewhere for petrol costs.  

I'll consider part ex. with cash my way, or if you've got a fairly light-weight 5 or 6 string I might consider a straight swap! Neck problems mean my other bases are too heavy to gig with sometimes, so the only light bass I have is a Squier Precision, which doesn't always offer the tones I need! Something like an Ibanez SR or maybe an older Yamaha TRB (not all that light, but I miss the one I sold a few years ago), or just let me know what ya got! 

Any questions please feel free to ask.

IMG_20180411_142153.jpg

IMG_20180411_141728.jpg

IMG_20180411_142201.jpg

IMG_20180411_142217.jpg

IMG_20180411_142234.jpg

IMG_20180411_142328.jpg

IMG_20180411_142334.jpg

IMG_20180411_142400.jpg

IMG_20180411_142408.jpg

IMG_20180411_142424.jpg

IMG_20180411_142559.jpg

IMG_20180411_142611.jpg

Edited by chriscassar
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

If distance is a problem, I'll be in Essex on Saturday and Kent on Sunday this coming weekend. So if that makes life easier for anyone to meet/collect, I can load it in the car with the rest of my gear. Also happy to meet somewhere along the way, I'll be enjoying (or should I say enduring) nearly the full length of the m4, the m25 and all the other joyous traffic filled roads between Pembrokeshire and the south east of england! 

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP! 

Still open to trades P/X or sensible offers,  would also consider a Markbass 102p as p/x as I've been wanting to get one for a while. 

Will be in Kent on the 15th & 16th December so can take it with me if someone wants to meet up that side of the country then! 

• 3 weeks later...

Had one almost exactly like this (except the removable headstock end) about a decade ago. Was a fantastic instrument, took it on a tour with Take That, and it travelled easily and filled up all the arenas beautifully with no feedback and solid sound. Would be tempted to have one again if I didn’t already have an Eminence, especially at that price!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, therealting said:

Had one almost exactly like this (except the removable headstock end) about a decade ago. Was a fantastic instrument, took it on a tour with Take That, and it travelled easily and filled up all the arenas beautifully with no feedback and solid sound. Would be tempted to have one again if I didn’t already have an Eminence, especially at that price!

I know what you mean, it was always my go to for festivals and big venues, especially if I was travelling abroad. I don't really want to sell it but really need a lighter 5 and funds don't allow a purchase unless something else goes first 🙁

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...