Why become a member? ×

Fender jazz bass cinema advert

Jakester

I went with the family to the cinema today, and to my surprise before the trailers, there was an advert for a Fender Jazz Bass!

Featuring The Idles, and seemingly filmed in and around Bristol (including the room in Factory Studios that my band rehearses in!) it has the band's bassist eulogising about how great his Jazz is, with lots of close ups of a very lush yellow bass. 

Anyone else seen it?

I think it's the first time I've ever seen a musical instrument advertised in the mainstream media.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't seen that one, but I was surprised that fender were having a big mainstream advertising push on their new Player series - I've seen a couple of ads on the tube, and I've definitely seen a video ad...possibly at the cinema...

or it could just be part of this from a year ago:  https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/fenders-stylish-new-ad-campaign-hopes-attract-next-generation-musicians-175513/

There's a few big billboard flyers around Bristol promoting his fender bass, the push has coincided with Idles album release. Adam D is a total bloke and IMO Idles deserve the hype they are creating. His bass tone on the new album is seriously not to be sniffed at.