Why become a member? ×

Zoom B3n, should I get one???

skidder652003

30 minutes ago, King Tut said:

I replaced my b3 with a b3n. Now I'm considering going Frfr I wish I hadn't sold the b3 on!

Just add this £14 piece of equipment on a mini board maybe with a couple of your other favourite pedals of choice, that outperform the B3n (synth? filter? gated fuzz? etc.) and a PSU. You're good to go!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-DI400P-Ultra-Passive-Box/dp/B000KUA8G6

• Like 1

On 05/09/2018 at 12:38, operative451 said:

It is super good if you like that sort of thing! I think i sort of don't like mine though, which is annoying! Mainly because what i like are non-traditional ampy sounds, and more high gain Muse-ish synthoid nuttery, OR super clean no added messing about DI noises. Which is annoying, but hey... Maybe i'll flog it... :D

Update.. Changed my mind, i like it again... :D The trick i have found is to treat the amp models like, er, amps, and set whatever its plugged into to 'as clean as possible'..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly, apologies for the bump.

I am reading good things about the B3, but I wanted to clarify can I use this pedal individually? I just want to play through my headphones for practice and consider recording at some point, as I have sold my amp and cab.

I guess this question applies to both the B3 and B3N.

Thanks in advance

Edited by antnee
Amendment

Pretty much! Although I run mine into another headphone amp (PJB Bighead) as I find the Zoom doesn’t drive my Beyerdynamic DT770 cans as loud as I’d like. But it seems I’m firmly in the minority there as it’s plenty loud enough for most people around here - either those cans are particularly hard to drive or I just like it stupidly loud!

Ooops should've posted this here...

If you're wanting something to transport / protect / store your B3n in e.g. for use as a headphone amp separate from your pedal board (and you're out of space in your gig bag); then a really useful vfm tip I got off @Osiris a while back is get a cheap lap top bag (we were talking about Class D amps back then - they're certainly often a fraction of the precise of the manufacturers bags for amps).

I managed to find this 11.6" laptop case for the B3n from Amazon for all of £11.50. Holds both the pedal + PSU comfortably (2nd pic).

Zoom B3n I.jpg

Zoom B3n II.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Guys and Girls

I have a Zoom B3n and love the effects however I am struggling to work out how to use it in a live situation. I have found the instruction manual lacking in information, particularly information that an idiot like me can understand

What I am looking to achieve is to assign two effects to two pedals with a clean sound on the third so I can switch between them at will. It's probably simple but is beyond me at the moment.

The only YouTube videos I can find are basic

Is there anywhere I can get simple instructions to get the results I'm after?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers

2 hours ago, Briancgeorge said:

Hi Guys and Girls

I have a Zoom B3n and love the effects however I am struggling to work out how to use it in a live situation. I have found the instruction manual lacking in information, particularly information that an idiot like me can understand

What I am looking to achieve is to assign two effects to two pedals with a clean sound on the third so I can switch between them at will. It's probably simple but is beyond me at the moment.

The only YouTube videos I can find are basic

Is there anywhere I can get simple instructions to get the results I'm after?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers

Hey Brian - welcome to Basschat! What you've asked should be very do-able.

You can save effects in banks of three and then just use the metal stomp switches (marked FS1, FS2 and FS3) to select which effect patch you're wanting to use at a particular time.

You use the floppy paddles in the middle then to scroll up (or the left one to scroll down) to the next bank of three.

If you're still getting stuck PM me and we can maybe run through it via a phone call and I can talk you through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Briancgeorge said:

It doesn't really work that way round. The pedals are the same as if you have effects pedals, so you have an effect per pedal. So if you have effect A and effect B on, you can't switch effect C on to cancel the other two, you would need to switch A and B off.

So make the clean sound you want, and then turn the other effects on when you don't want them

• Like 1