Why become a member? ×

Music Man SUB

Golats

11 hours ago, drTStingray said:

Love the basses - first time I've seen a Sub and noticed the compensated nut. Mine's a 2003 5 in white (standard nut)

I think the white and the black ones were the nicest looking ones. The white ones in particular. I even like the textured finish.

6 hours ago, mcnach said:

I think the white and the black ones were the nicest looking ones. The white ones in particular. I even like the textured finish.

Yes, I love my white one too. I see no reason to sell it - even the weight, which is more than any other bass I own, isn’t a problem, due to the good balance. Great basses indeed.

Frank 

Edited by machinehead
Punctuation

Thanks everyone, I'm learning a lot about SUBs and Stingrays here! I've always loved the look of a Stingray but could never afford one. When I brought the SUB into the house my wife said it was horrible and it looked "contrived" I tried to convince her it's a design classic but she's not having it.

On 06/09/2018 at 01:27, Twincam said:

Yeah i agree i suppose. It just might not fit in with my refinishing plans. 

Iconic? Well they certainly seem to have a fan base and are well known for being a good quality bass. Actually just in case they become a collectable and prices sky rocket I best just leave it alone haha. Actually looking at it I like it as is. 

Or I could send it to the guitar improver guy on eBay for some mods. Have a mismatched artec hotrail placed cockeyed in the pu cavity and some sort of three string conversion 😉 Hahahaha. 

You mean the guy who ''makes'' wide necked guitars for chubby fingers ?

2 hours ago, MWH said:

You mean the guy who ''makes'' wide necked guitars for chubby fingers ?

Indeed. And I shall let him hack the compensated nut to nothing with a junior saw. "To aid fretting in the first few positions" as he would say. 

Actually nothing against the guy. But why doesn't he buy more suitable tools, And do more sensible modifications?