Why become a member? ×

OMG my old bass. wow

police squad

In a few days it's my 50th birthday party (not 50 though until 12th sept) and I have reformed my old band for one set.

We haven't all played together for nearly 17 years now but the magic was still there. We quickly put together a set off 11 numbers.

I decided to pickup my old '73 P bass which I bought when we formed the band in 1990 but I haven't played the the past 3 years.

OMG, what a bass. It literally does, just play itself. It's just unbelievable how good it is.

Here's a gratuitous picture of it

Fender P bass 1975 003.JPG

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, police squad said:

OMG, what a bass. It literally does, just play itself.

Great, you'll be able to sit in the audience, get drunk and enjoy your birthday listening to it knocking out some great licks...

Enjoy😎😎

BTW Happy Birthday.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sprocketflup said:

Thatd be ace wouldn't it? Who here hasn't wanted to see their own band play? Id love to lol

and a Hippy bathday from me too :)

My drummer has done it twice, handed his sticks over to a known drummer once and another time some kid kept asking to have a go so the drummer got him on for a song he hates. He thinks we're an alright band.

• Thanks 1

In our band, we love guest musicians getting up and joining us for a number or two and we actually encourage it. We've had saxophone, clarinet, singers, spoon player, violinists and an excellent 13 year old female drummer. Not had a bassist yet but a girl I work with plays and says she will get up and do a number so I'm looking forward to watching my band at some point.