Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Warwick Hellborg Power Amp Mono 500 - £150
£150

three

Warwick Hellborg 500 Watt Mono Power Amp in good used condition with slight rack mount marks and some minor marking on the black case. As far as I know, this is around 5 years old. Reputed to be one of the finest power amps ever designed and built. Confirmed by two engineers to be massively over engineered. These are around £1900 new. 2/4/8 ohm operation.

So, why so cheap? I think this puts out some slight gritty distortion behing each note. It’s been at two of the North West’s amp gurus, both of whom say it doesn’t distort, and have demonstrated this with a scope. I’ve paid £250 for the privilege. It does distort and shouldn’t and I’m sick of messing about with it. If you have some talent/knowledge, this could be a really simple fix and you’ll have one of the finest and most expensive power amps in existence for peanuts. You might also tell me it doesn’t distort and carry it away for almost nothing.

Supplied as is without the rack case (not for sale) and collection only from Manchester. Weight is around 40lbs. Shipping would be monstrously expensive and I don’t have packing or time to organise couriers. Tons of information around (try:  https://www.kbbmusic.co.nz/shop/warwick-jonas-hellborg-signature-power-amp-500-watt-mono.html), and I saw recently that Prince used these. The highest end of high end...but I still think it distorts...

708DB574-5CB9-4A29-B087-4826F1BEB65A.jpeg

Edited by three
  • Like 1