Why become a member? ×

FMC bass cabs

ebenezer

51 minutes ago, franzbassist said:

I had one of those many moons ago. So long ago, in fact, that I don't think I'd be able to do any sort of comparison.  Sorry! :(

No worries. I was just always super impressed with the amount of low end that cab threw out. I appreciate the speaker was probably nothing special compared to modern drivers, the box was just seemed to be tuned very low, at the expense of some mids.

I've seen FMC do a cab of a similar format to the GS112, I expect it's probably better, modern drivers, learning from other designs etcs...

Eude

Edited by eude

• 1 year later...

Hello,

In my quest of the lightest 4x10 cab, the FMC mini 410 has a good place.

I'm only worriing about the downfiring port. Isn't it too boomy on wooden stage for instance ? In my representation of things, a port pointing to the floor is not a good thing to have for tone clarity.

Unfortunatly, the smallest 4x10, AKA the mini, is built with downfiring port.

Does some of you have some experience with that porting methode ?

Thanks for your opinion.

1 hour ago, Shiveringbass said:

Rear ported cabs are often seen as a bit more difficult to place on stage

;)

'Seen' is the operative word. The back of the cab would have to be tight to the wall for there to be any audible effect, and that effect would be reduced low frequency output, not enhanced. However, if one sees the port is on the rear and thinks as a result that it will make a difference confirmation bias kicks in, and as a result it will be heard. 🙄

Edited by Bill Fitzmaurice
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rothko said:

How does the single 1 x 12 stand up to rehearsals and small gigs?

Just fine.  We had a decibel meter at rehearsal last night and we topped out at around 100dB.  The single 112 sounded full and fat, no boxiness or crapping out, and that was with the Demeter running at 250 watts on the 8 ohm load.

I highly recommend the 1210UL as a single cab solution for gigs.  Absolutely monster tones from a 14kg cab.

image.png.4c44d06ae1cda012a2f3a372cdb78006.png

Edited by franzbassist
  • Like 2

There's nothing wrong with mixing speaker sizes, if it's properly implemented, with separate driver chambers, drivers optimized for different pass bands and a crossover. That's SOP with PA cabs, with bass cabs not so much.

We had a decibel meter at rehearsal last night and we topped out at around 100dB.

That's not loud at all, so I suspect you used an 'A' weighted meter, which doesn't measure low frequencies. A 'C' weighted meter is required to measure the full spectrum.

This thread has introduced me to FMC cabs and my interest has been piqued.

I'm bit of a sucker for the idiosyncratic and my eye was instantly drawn to the 14" cab they offer (yes, yes I know speaker size "doesn't matter" 🤣 )

I'd love to hear FMC cabs in action and look forward to reading all the user reports on here.

• 1 year later...

I'd been looking at the FMC 2x8 https://fmc-audio.jimdo.com/produkte/8-boxen/2-x-8-boxen/ 

and the RevSound RS28V   https://www.revsound.net/collections/bass-cabinets/products/rs28v

I'm drawn to the RevSound but the FMC looks interesting. It would be mainly for double bass, though not exclusively. has anyone had any experience of either or both?

I've been in touch with both of them but still haven't heard back from FMC about delivery, VAT and that that shall be unnamed (that makes the last question necessary).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Apeneck Sweeney said:

I'd been looking at the FMC 2x8 https://fmc-audio.jimdo.com/produkte/8-boxen/2-x-8-boxen/ 

and the RevSound RS28V   https://www.revsound.net/collections/bass-cabinets/products/rs28v

I'm drawn to the RevSound but the FMC looks interesting. It would be mainly for double bass, though not exclusively. has anyone had any experience of either or both?

I've been in touch with both of them but still haven't heard back from FMC about delivery, VAT and that that shall be unnamed (that makes the last question necessary).

I bought mine after we left the EU.  I don't recall shipping being extortionate (the cabs are crazy light), and I assume normal import costs apply.