Why become a member? ×

FMC bass cabs

ebenezer

Just been looking on the fmc website,......have to say these cabs look stunning!!......thoughtful design with models that would suit any player, choice of drivers both neo and ceramic

I in particular like the slim 215 and the 15/8 models......what is your opinion folks? 

Hans the Luthier from FMC is a great Guy and a Bass Player also. Always helpful if you got any Questions. He only builds Bass Cabs, because to deliver superb Quality for an affordable Pricepoint  is his Passion as a Bass Player. It is  a small Company with only 4 Employees as far as i know.  And because you can buy the Cabs only directly at FMC he can offer the Cabs for an IMO great Pricepoint because, if you look at Tests at Youtube, the Cabs are compared with Cabs like Vanderkley, Bergantino & Glockenklang. I bought some Cabs from Hans before and they are really High Class. Superb Quality, very punchy and great sounding.

Hans is on Holiday Vacation right now. He starts working again at  Sept. 11th. 

I have a FMC 212H UL on Order right now to fit with my Mesa Subway D800 and so I am waiting for Hans to start building my Cab after his Holidays. 

There are two big Threads on the german Bassforum "Bassic.de

FMC Infos

FMC Reviews/Expiriences

FMC on Facebook

I hope this could help a little... 

Edited by AREA
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ebenezer said:

Thanks for the comments/info.....would love some of these cabs, but i fear after shipping would be out of my price range. 

I would recommend to write an E-Mail to Hans and ask about the Shipping Quotes to Great Britain. As mentioned, he is on Holiday right now, but he will answer your Question asap.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, franzbassist said:

I have one of these on order: the 1210H UL.  I'm hoping it will be a good one cab solution.

600 watts, 4 ohm impedance, 65.5 x 41.5 x 41 cm and weighs just 17.3 kg.

I've ordered mine without the tweeter.

1514856794_FMC1210HUL.jpg.182e7532aa1eedc28ae410bd75ab32e0.jpg

Now that I like, interested to hear how you get on...

Eude

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, franzbassist said:

Yes, they do.  Drop Hans an email and tell him what you want and he'll guide you.  Look for "MH" designations on this page.

Cheers

Gareth

Gotcha, not a bad price for that kind of cab! I expect with it being custom he'd do it vertically rather than horizontally too?

Might have to drop him a line later in the year.

Eude

• 2 weeks later...

So, initial impressions are excellent.  The cab feels really well put together:

• It’s crazy light, 11kg is just insane for something this big!
  • Metal corners and grille.
  • A sort of medium pile carpet finish.  Not sure how robust it’ll be, but time will tell.
  • The rear panel is recessed in the same way as the front, so the speakon connectors have a little bit of protection.
  • The cab has an 11cm port in the bottom.
  • The cable and connectors inside look very heavy duty.
  • Big thick feet to give it good clearance.

The sound is wonderful.  Full, rich bass, plenty of mids and just nice warm highs.  As I said in an earlier post, I went without a tweeter as it goes to 6.5k with the 10", which is fine for me.  It’s a perfect match for my fretless, as I hoped it would be.  Hans says if it gets too boomy in a room the port can be plugged to tame it.

Here are a few dodgy pics.  I will take more when I can get it out in the sunshine.

4733A6BD-6004-4BD7-B5AF-98605DB850F0.jpeg

156CEE83-D4C6-4A00-A826-E9EBB508CD8F.jpeg

5448C55A-063D-4A2A-939B-E82AB6028FA0.jpeg

3267CD2B-C321-4C23-930B-A62A84D1CEB3.jpeg

Edited by franzbassist
  • Like 5

• 4 months later...
18 minutes ago, eude said:

That looks awesome, I love the fact it's basically a cube too.
You getting on well with it's big brother too?

I am loving the 1210!  I've had the chance to run it at volume now and it sounds really great.  It can get very loud but retains its shape very well. I especially like the down-firing port on the bottom, which can be plugged if its booty gets too big.

Edited by franzbassist
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, franzbassist said:

And here it is!  Sounds fab too.  Has plenty of bottom end and kick.  

DD48A15F-DAFF-4183-A3A7-DCF82DD454FC.jpeg

That is super cute!

Bit random, but do you have any experience if Aggie's now defunct GS112 cab? That is the nicest small cab I've owned, and it had a glorious amount of low end for the size of it. Just wondering how this compares...

Eude

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eude said:

That is super cute!

Bit random, but do you have any experience if Aggie's now defunct GS112 cab? That is the nicest small cab I've owned, and it had a glorious amount of low end for the size of it. Just wondering how this compares...

Eude

I had one of those many moons ago. So long ago, in fact, that I don't think I'd be able to do any sort of comparison.  Sorry! :(