Why become a member? ×

SOLD Warwick Corvette $$ Doublebuck Build - Bartolini / Delano / ACG EQ01 Pre Amp - SOLD
£899

bagsieblue

Warwick Corvette $$ Doublebuck Build.

Warwick Corvette German Doublebuck body.

Neck is from a German Streamer

1 x Pickup is a Bartolini.

1 x Pickup is a Delano.

Pre Amp is an ACG EQ01.

3 Way micro switch for each pickup for (if I remember correctly):              a) single coil nearest neck, b) single coil nearest bridge, c) Humbucker.

I use the bass 99% of the time with both pickups on humbucker mode and tweak the blend / EQ with the excellent pre amp.

The single coil modes are, obviously, lower output so this offers another level of tone shaping, at the flick of a switch you can easily back off / favour either pickup.

I had pre amp configured in this way as it gives quick, easy, access to dynamics in a live setting.

Also, in all honesty, there is not much difference in the single coil nearest neck, single coil nearest bridge settings on the switches for each pickup - Or, I may have wired this incorrectly on the 3 way switch!!??

However, the internal, user adjustable trim pots on the Pre Amp allow you to tweak this further should you wish.

Plays and sounds great.  Some wear over the pickups and some scuffs / scrapes on the back of the body.  Neck is nice and clean.  No truss rod cover.

Excellent output / blending from the pickups - I trialled a number of pickups in different combinations and this is the pairing I felt worked best.

Massive tone shaping ability from the ACG EQ01 Filter Pre Amp.

http://www.acguitars.co.uk/acg-eq01-filter-pre-amp/

IMG_20180830_163708766.jpg

IMG_20180830_163701406.jpg

IMG_20180830_163705850.jpg

IMG_20180830_163713685.jpg

IMG_20180830_163734929.jpg

Edited by bagsieblue

• 3 weeks later...