Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Limelight/House Of Tone '62 Reissue Jazz Bass In Black
£800

timmchale2009

Hi All!

Well this is something I didn't foresee doing anytime soon, however it came back to me in trade again, I love love love this bass, but I pretty much exclusively use my 4003s and nothing else gets a look in so time for it to go to someone who’ll play it and cherish it.

So as the title suggests this is a Limelight/House Of Tone hybrid. Mark has done the body, neck, bridge and covers. Matt has done the pickups, the wiring and the assembly.

I put together the parts, the celluoid aged pickguard, the fender stamped tuners, the gotoh aged neck plate and control plate, I believe there to have been literally no expense spared on building this bass and IMHO and other who have heard and played it, it's an absolute masterpiece. 

It also will come with a Mono Strap, Fender Straplock, red fretwrap and a Fender Tweed Hardcase and I am more than happy to ship as I have a suitable box.

Overall this has cost me the best part of £1300 in total and I believe it has been worth every penny.

The action is just perfect, the tone is absolutely wild and the overall playability is sublime.

I am reluctantly selling, I need to raise cash and obviously this will take priority.

In terms of trades, really this is secondary as in an ideal world i’m after a straight sale, however as I am getting a lot of trade offers, I won’t be looking for another Jazz Bass, I am not wanting a P Bass as I get bored with them very quick, I don’t need a fretless as I don’t use one, I don’t want/need a new bass amp as I am very happy with my head and cab setup currently. I am also not looking to part with any cash as that would be defeating the whole purpose of this sale. If push comes to shove and I do take a trade I would really like a 2 Band EQ Stingray or a G&L L2000.

Please ignore the price at the top, i am looking at £750 shipped to your front door. I am based in Saltney just outside of Chester.

Any questions just ask.

Thanks.

Tim

IMG_1121.JPG

IMG_5833.JPG

IMG_6252 2.JPG

IMG_1925.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

IMG_5511.JPG

IMG_6808.JPG

IMG_9574 2.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

IMG_5878.JPG

IMG_1257.JPG

IMG_7388.JPG

IMG_8609.JPG

IMG_5563.JPG

IMG_1385.JPG

IMG_1720.JPG

IMG_3248.JPG

IMG_3896.JPG

IMG_3896 2.JPG

Edited by timmchale2009
Update on sale and trades.
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dazed said:

Very nice. The neck and fretboard look great! Can I ask where you sourced the pick guard?

Guitar Slinger Products in Germany. Was a princely £62 but it really looks period correct and is real Celluloid which is unimitatable. Hope this helps 🙂.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1