Why become a member? ×

Credit where credit is due - Sandberg customer Service experience

SimBass

I don't often post on here but wanted to publically credit a bass manufacturer, since it's always good to hear good news.

Long story short, I have a Sandberg California TMII 5 string bass, which I absolutely love which I bought 18 months ago second hand from Bass Direct. Unfortunately, a few weeks ago, it just stopped working, took it to a local guitar repairer I trust and he basically said the electrics are buggered, a circuit has gone, not a lot he could do without direct contacts in Sandberg etc. I emailed Sandberg directly (only hoping they might recommend someone I could pay to fix it etc.) But instead, I got an email from Mike, one of the service engineers, who asked me to remove the entire circuitry and send it over to Germany for immediate free repair.

I did this, he sent back the newly repaired circuit (1 part on the circuit board replaced), with lots of good communication along the way and last night I put it back in. And it is now as good as new!

I just wanted to commend Sandberg for their amazing customer service, all done (including free tracked postage back to the UK) for absolutely free, there was no obligation from their side, they could have just sent me back to the second hand dealer I bought it from. I wouldn't imagine you would get the same level of service from one of the other big guitar manufactures (although I've never tried)!

So hats off to Sandberg....not just great quality guitars but a top notch company with amazing customer service too!

• Like 19

This is very much my experience of Sandberg. My first ‘Berg was a used Electra VS4 (which I still own) and within 48 of owning it I managed to snap the tuning peg for the G string...

Emailed Sandberg asking if I could buy a replacement tuner and a couple of hours later got a reply from Holger (the boss himself) simply asking for my address. No mention of payment. I reiterated my desire to pay for the new tuner but he was having none of it. A few days later the new tuning peg came through my letterbox!

After that experience I swiftly purchased a California VM5 and have absolute confidence that if anything goes wrong I’ll be sorted.

• Like 1

I think they're right up there with the likes of Spector.  Not quibbles just try to keep you playing.

My minor problem was considerably less serious these but I got the same treatment exactly when other brands might just have said take a hike (as Warwick did).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ead said:

I think they're right up there with the likes of Spector.  Not quibbles just try to keep you playing.

My minor problem was considerably less serious these but I got the same treatment exactly when other brands might just have said take a hike (as Warwick did).

That certainly seems to be Sandberg’s mentality - let’s try to keep you playing. It shows that they have confidence in their product and value players who use their instruments.

51 minutes ago, PJ-Bassist said:

This is encouraging to read as I purchased my first Sandberg from Bassdirect a few weeks ago.  I hope nothing goes wrong with it but should something go awry it's comforting to know they've got your back!!

The speed with which they rectified the issue with my USED bass (which, by the way, was entirely my error and not a manufacturing fault) speaks volumes and frankly every manufacturer, not just of musical instruments, could take a leaf out of Sandberg’s book.

• Like 2

That configurator kills me every time.

I did not dig them before but the TM

is really growing on me, massively fast. The new Grand Dark actually makes a heap of sense, the Darkglass tone capsule is pretty good, and they have specially wound pick ups for this bass.

Throw in Masterpiece ageing on it.......it would slay

57 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

That configurator kills me every time.

I did not dig them before but the TM

is really growing on me, massively fast. The new Grand Dark actually makes a heap of sense, the Darkglass tone capsule is pretty good, and they have specially wound pick ups for this bass.

Throw in Masterpiece ageing on it.......it would slay

Sandberg do the snappier Black Label pickups but I've not played a bass with them fitted as yet.  I presume the ones you refer to are the same as fitted to the Nighthawk range. 

@ead I think they are different again from the black label pick ups, specifically for the tone capsule to complement its EQ, if I find any more out, i’ll let y’all know

Of course that Grand Dark is also 35”, is pau ferro - it’s really well thought out, a mate has one, initial impressions are it’s sitting alongside one of his masterpieces and his Umbo

Edited by Cuzzie