Why become a member? ×

NBD - Squier VM Jaguar

TransistorBassMan

I was in Central London today, so I decided to have a look in Wunjo as I wanted try a Deluxe Active Jazz. Try, but not buy....

However, this Jaguar caught my eye as soon as I walked in the shop. I'd intended to get one when they were first released, but I kept putting it off, and then they were discontinued. They very rarely seem to turn up used, so when I saw this one at a good price, and with a three year guarantee, I had to buy it. 

Apologies for the crappy photo. The front seat of a Honda CR-V isn't the best place to photograph a bass, but I've just left the shop. I'll take some more when I get home.

IMG_20180827_174131~2.jpg

Edited by TransistorBassMan

So, I spent a couple of very enjoyable hours playing this last night. I haven't made any adjustments, just strapped it on, played it, loved it..

The neck is the closest to my Precision Lyte that I've come across, and that was my main reason for wanting one of these basses. The Lyte has been my No1 bass since 1995 and I want to give it a bit of a rest from gigs. This Jag also has a PJ set up and I've found it very easy to get "my" sound with it.

No plans for any mods other than fitting some Dunlop straplocks, and most importantly, changing the scratchplate because I really don't like the fake tort one that's on there. Any suggestions?

Looks great... enjoy!

Personally I'd put a Gotoh bridge on, but that's just because I hate bbot bridges. For scratchplates I'd look at Jack's instruments website just to get some ideas. He does a black pearloid plate which I quite fancy for my Squier SS Jag... but my bass is CAR. I think black on black would look good... maybe even a sparkly black one, if you like that kind of thing.

30 minutes ago, Trueno said:

Looks great... enjoy!

Personally I'd put a Gotoh bridge on, but that's just because I hate bbot bridges. For scratchplates I'd look at Jack's instruments website just to get some ideas. He does a black pearloid plate which I quite fancy for my Squier SS Jag... but my bass is CAR. I think black on black would look good... maybe even a sparkly black one, if you like that kind of thing.

Thanks for the heads up. I've had a look, and it's going to be 3 ply black or 3 ply pearl deep black. Maybe both.

28 minutes ago, TransistorBassMan said:

Thanks for the heads up. I've had a look, and it's going to be 3 ply black or 3 ply pearl deep black. Maybe both.

It's the deep black pearl that does it for me. If you get it done post pics if you can.