Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

16 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Better rebuy these while I can, discontinued as of now:

https://www.moogmusic.com/news/farewell-moogerfooger

That's a shame Q.

I bet that means the prices of these go up second hand, though hopefully not as much as the MF-104 Delay when that was discontinued! I only have the MF-101 LPF and I rate that very highly in the upper echelons of envelope filters.

31 minutes ago, Bo0tsy said:

That's a shame Q.

I bet that means the prices of these go up second hand, though hopefully not as much as the MF-104 Delay when that was discontinued! I only have the MF-101 LPF and I rate that very highly in the upper echelons of envelope filters.

It is very good, though its lack of down sweep and/or finer control over the envelope sweep (without recourse to external gear) made me return mine. I might pick another up as I’ve now found a way of driving envelope sweep circuits a bit harder.

The phaser is lovely and can still be had for reasonable prices (£269 new). If I someone buys my Octo Nøjs I think it’s time I bought this (again).

massive shame this, obviously down to sales and production costs

you have to try the moogs to really get it i think, i mean it did seem crazy when i paid over 400 quid for my Clusterflux but then when you plug in its obvious why!

really gutted i sold my freqbox a while back however i have recently (yesterday) grabbed a LPF and Ring Mod before prices go to retarded! i mean ive already seen a clusterflux going for £1000!

From the press release it sounded to me like they were running low on some components. They said that they are manufacturing until their existing stocks run out. I can recall Moog buying up NOS chips for one of their pedals (can't remember which one). I'm pretty delighted I picked up the MF101 a couple of months back (pressie from my wife - and the only piece of musical gear she has ever bought me). Given that I'd only just acquired a Manta, it was the single most unnecessary pedal imaginable, but the sound is like nothing else. I'd like a freqbox too, but by the time I can afford one... I won't be able to afford one.  

7 hours ago, radiophonic said:

From the press release it sounded to me like they were running low on some components. They said that they are manufacturing until their existing stocks run out. I can recall Moog buying up NOS chips for one of their pedals (can't remember which one). I'm pretty delighted I picked up the MF101 a couple of months back (pressie from my wife - and the only piece of musical gear she has ever bought me). Given that I'd only just acquired a Manta, it was the single most unnecessary pedal imaginable, but the sound is like nothing else. I'd like a freqbox too, but by the time I can afford one... I won't be able to afford one.  

I didn’t read it like that. To me they were simply saying they’d decided to stop producing them and so would keep making them until their current component stocks were depleted. It’s the same way they worded their release saying that they had discontinued the Minimoog reissue.

9 hours ago, radiophonic said:

think thats the minifooger line which is doing that

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

What can I say... 

I own a MF-103 , MF-105B , MF-101.

I sold them for live usage complexity but I always dream about that sound. The MF-103 is simply the best sounding phaser ever tried. Coupled with an analog delay bring me immediatly to the outer space :)

In my opinion these will quickly become collectors items.

By the way , the new minifooger line are great too. I have the drive and the chorus now in my pedalboard. Drive provide a great saturation suound , with the great plus of LPF and resonance tune which can suit to any need , also in term of sound experiments.

Chorus is deep , clear and full . there are very few alternatives for bass at that level.