Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot Series 6 15" Combo - Sold
£150

NickD

Classic Amp, big Trace watts and that classic sound.

I must have had this for at least 22 years and it's never let me down, still sounds great and weighs as much as a small planet.

Over time the information has worn off the back panel, but I'm sure that back in the mists of time I bought it as 150W. It's definitely not the 100W as it has the speaker out jack. Either way, most of it's gigs have been backline only in rock bands, and I don't think I've really had it past half volume and never used an extension cab. GP7 Preamp and a 15" Speaker.

Amp face is clear of dings, buttons, knobs and sliders all present and correct and I had it serviced just before I stopped using it in favour of lightweight kit as some of the controls had become scratchy over time.... They're not now, everything is smooth and quiet. Titan Studios tech guy did it.... Just before he got the Slipknot bass player job!

Sprung handles still spring as per the design. A few knocks in the tolex, and a bit of peeling at some of the seams that will stick down if desired. But given how many times it's been in and out of a van it's in pretty good nick.

The runs you can see in the pics are just where I'd wiped it down.

Pickup only for this due to the weight, and obviously it can be played through... Local meetup at a push though, but I'm in the throes of packing to move so my time is limited.

Trades wise, A decent Compressor (as simple as possible) a decent Envelope Filter or a decent, noise free, isolated pedalboard power supply are on my wanted list.

Cheers

Nick

20180722_144018_resized.jpg

20180722_144034_resized.jpg

20180722_144107_resized.jpg

20180722_144557_resized.jpg

20180722_144636_resized.jpg

Edited by NickD
  • Like 1

I've had my slightly older series 6, without the speaker out socket or the DI on the front since new. Still being used every week as part of the house back line in the small music venue we own. I agree, halfway is about all anyone ever uses; jazz upright bass to death metal. I think I replaced a fuse once, otherwise just plugged and played. I can still lift it on my own, but a friend is always appreciated. I really can't think what else you could get for £150 that would come close to being gig capable.

GLWTS

• Like 2