Why become a member? ×

New Darkglass Pedal

Cuzzie

44 minutes ago, nash said:

Whilst you touch type on your iPhone, iPad, Samsung etc etc 😜

I wish! touch sstuff I am often all over the place. I far prefer nice real keys, buttons and knobs. I am also mindful of how easily I have accidentally liked pictures on facebook etc 🙂

• Haha 1

https://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-dept/bass-guitar-effects/bass-compressor-pedals/darkglass-hyper-luminal-hybrid-compressor

Andertons showing at £235.

That's quite a bit under the Origin Cali CB Deluxe - and if the suite allows greater control then the DG could be great.

I really like my Cali Bass but I would prefer separate Attack and Release controls.

Edited by fretmeister

Shame it's not multiband, I can't go back to single band compressors now I have been spoilt by the Spectracomp!

Looks awesome though, touch controls show the future of what we might see in the range - I did say I'd like to see a system like the TC RH750's knobs and these look even better with no moving parts.

The blurb suggests they were not aware of the Sonuus Voluum though, which is the first compressor with a digital sidechain and analog signal path that I'm aware of!

The Hyper Luminal Compressor features the first hybrid design in a compressor pedal: an analog VCA controlled by a digital side-chain allowed us to capture and include the characters of some of the most legendary compressors in history while keeping the signal path completely analog.