Why become a member? ×

Pit Bull RD build

DarkHeart

Here, Prince Charles is just off the phone. He wants his ears back... 

In other words I'd be looking at smaller tuners if I were you. That's going to throw the whole thing off... 

The rest is looking great! 

Edited by Bigwan

1 hour ago, Bigwan said:

Here, Prince Charles is just off the phone. He wants his ears back... 

In other words I'd be looking at smaller tuners if I were you. That's going to throw the whole thing off... 

The rest is looking great! 

I am looking for different tuners as these were only cheap to get me away, I`ve got loads of the smaller type but the holes in the headstock are too big for them, does anyone make an adapter sleeve to convert them?

I hope this doesn't sound stupid but if your going to go for fishtail style tuners what's stopping you leaving the original bushes in and use them as a reducer and then fitting the new ones thru them?? 

That's working on the assumption that the original bushes are 16mm internal size and the new tuners are 16mm nut size you might need to ease the hole a little bit with a 16-17mm metal drill bit?? But It might work?? I've got some of each of the tuners so I'll give it a try and let you know if it works........... 

Edited by Jimothey

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2018 at 14:11, NancyJohnson said:

That's really nice. More pics please!

Go on then 😉 just got it back again for the last time after a fret dress and setup, finally got the pickups wired and screwed in properly ( i missed a connecting wire DOH!) and here it is, the finished customized Pitbull RD kit.... the finish on the headstock is all that lets it down but I can live with that ...for now 😉

DSC00176.JPG

DSC00177.JPG

DSC00178.JPG

DSC00179.JPG

DSC00180.JPG

DSC00181.JPG

DSC00182.JPG

DSC00183.JPG

DSC00184.JPG

DSC00185.JPG

• Like 3