Why become a member? ×

Headrush 112 ?

aidanhallbass

Hi, so I’ve recently picked up a helix floor unit and the thing is amazing.  Currently I’m running it through a orange terror head and obc410.  The headrush has caught my eye and I’m wondering if it will be the answer to a clear uncoloured sound as my main stage sound replacing the orange gear.  I will say I haven’t yet tried the 4CM, just running straight into the front of the amp.  Any thoughts on the headrush ? Anyone use one for bass ?

thanks 

Is it the same (or very similar) to the Alto TS312, which is at the lower end of the market?   I have not tried an Alto product myself, but my concerns would be (for any purchase really): 1. How would it cope when things get loud.  2. What is the build quality - will it still be functioning after a couple of years of being gigged?  The makes which come up most on the "Interesting FRFR story" thread are RCF and QSC.

Does the Terror head have an effects loop?

Plug your Helix into the Effects Return, you're bypassing the pre-amp completely and using the Helix as the pre-amp.

Always thought that the 4 cable method was a real faff, where 1 cable will do the job.

I have a HD500X, and do this on my amp and with the amp in the rehearsal room, sounds good to me.

14 hours ago, Skybone said:

Does the Terror head have an effects loop?

Plug your Helix into the Effects Return, you're bypassing the pre-amp completely and using the Helix as the pre-amp.

Always thought that the 4 cable method was a real faff, where 1 cable will do the job.

I have a HD500X, and do this on my amp and with the amp in the rehearsal room, sounds good to me.

The 4 cable method is for guitarists who like the sound of their amp and use their Helix simply as a multi-effects unit. If all your amp is doing is making your instrument loud, you don't need 4 cables.

However almost all bass guitar cabs are extremely coloured in their sound, so even if you are bypassing the preamp on your amplifier, so are still going to be fighting the colouration of the cab and not getting the best out of the Helix.

Edited by BigRedX
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tubster said:

Won’t hack it IMO. Bose do not publish much in the way of specs but some estimate the S1 at 40 watts. 

Tried it for a guitar/ voice busking thing but can’t imagine it could do more than a very small coffee shop bass job.

Based on my (admittedly fairly limited) experience of the S1, I’m inclined to agree with this.