Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn: Squier Standard PJ Special Pewter, Jazz neck, Upgraded
£265

Grangur

This bass is a Squier Standard PJ Special, This was a special "Precision", but with a jazz neck. 

The split-coil on this has been upgraded with a hand-wound Classic pickup:  http://jlguitars.eu/shop/index.php?id_product=11&controller=product&id_lang=4

Also it has is a Gotoh high mass bridge.  It also comes with the original parts too.

This bass is in CM23 4DH and you can come and try it out. Or I can ship it at cost.

I'm reducing the collection, so not really interested in trades.

42474772540_9ef2e01c83.jpg
43376675635_f4d9bc50c5.jpg
44234314242_65678b76c4.jpg
43565478324_b26c0282de.jpg
42474763060_317f0b93b4.jpg

Edited by Grangur
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Great bass. The P/J pickup arrangement is my favourite
Is this the Made in Indonesia Vintage Modified series? (can't quite tell from the pic - it looks as though it is
If so, they're fab quality instruments for the money, even better with the upgrades

I had a VM P/J and it was a great gigging bass
Never saw one in that colour though - looks cool :)
GLWTS

• Like 1

Thanks @Marc S. It is Indonesian.  It was made, or so I read, as a limited edition run of a "Standard" Precision with a Jazz neck.

TBH I''ve pretty much decided on keeping it. It's surplus to requirements, but with the Jess Loureiro pup in it, it sound amazing sometimes.

I've also got one of JL's twin-coil jazz pickups for the bridge, for it. I've not put it in because I'd have to open out the length of the cavity by about 1-2mm.  There have been no takers and it's not like I need the cash. So it's good to have it available.

• Like 1