Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Gallien-Krueger 200MB Combo
£95

discreet

*SOLD* Gallien-Krueger 200MB Combo

The legendary G-K 200MB Combo, one of the very first lightweight bass combos and precursor to G-K's current giantkiller, the G-K MB150S 112-III, which retails at around £760.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/gallien_krueger_mb150s.htm

Much lauded by DB players (and electric players) for it's small size, light weight (11kg) and prodigious output, this particular example is complete and in fair condition (see pics). It features the unusual all-aluminium enclosure construction which enables this tiny combo to produce a such a big sound. This thing is really built.

However... there is a small crack in the perimeter of the driver (see pic) which apparently is par for the course for these. Thomann currently offer the correct replacement for around £67. https://www.thomann.de/gb/gallien_krueger_08200390.htm

Also... this is a USA version, which means it has a 120V transformer in it. I've been reliably informed that it's not difficult to replace the existing transformer with a 240V version. I don't have a link for one, but suppliers such as RS are bound to have something suitable that's not going to break the bank.You could of course use a step-up transformer, but obviously a replacement would be preferable.

I acquired the combo to be used by my son and his fellow pupils for bass guitar, effectively donating it to the school music department. I knew I'd have to replace the driver and transformer. So instead of doing that (and possibly finding out halfway through that my skills are not what I thought they were) I think it would be better all round for me to sell it as it is, then put the money towards an appropriate combo for the school.

So... the combo needs a new driver, a replacement transformer and a bloody good clean. If you're a bit handy it won't cost you a lot to get this up and running, when you'll have yourself a very light, very small, very loud high-quality classic combo for not much cash that has instant retro appeal and what's more, sounds great. £95 cash on collection from SE London, or I will accept PayPal or Bank Transfer and post for £15 - in which case item will be sent via an appropriate tracked and insured method.

431Front.jpg

Fascia3.jpg

Back2.jpg

Back1.jpg

DriverCrack.jpg

MainsCable.jpg

Fascia-2.jpg

Fascisa-1.jpg

GK-Logo.jpg

Handle.jpg

Three-four-front.jpg

Back-3.jpg