Why become a member? ×

Go Back In Time

stewblack

3 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Much as I agree with this sentiment in principle, in practice my entire career was built on putting up with truly industrial quantities of sh!t. Deeply depressing and unenjoyable, but it paid for my early retirement. You pays your money ...

Quite, I picked up a bass in 1974 and lived fast. However I failed to die young and my pension plans are all down the toilet. You pays your money...

Just now, DaveFry said:

If the venue serves food send the most amiable band member to make friends with the chef .😉

If you stepped out of a time machine in front of your younger self, I'm struggling to imagine what he'd make of that piece of advice from an old git wearing funny clothes. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

Much as I agree with this sentiment in principle, in practice my entire career was built on putting up with truly industrial quantities of sh!t.

Deeply depressing and unenjoyable, but it paid for my early retirement.

You pays your money ...

Strictly speaking they paid your money......

And I wish I'd started before my late forties too.

14 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

And buy one really nice bass and play the crap out of it instead of buying many 10`s of decent but budget basses and feeling disappointed with them after the honeymoon period is over.

This. A hundred times this.

If I could go back in time, I'd go back to visit my 15 year old self and tell him 3 things.

1. Knuckle down at school, do some actual work instead of arsing about, perhaps you might actually get some decent 'O' levels. 

2. When you hit 23, your drummer mate Keith will call you from London, begging you to head up to the Smoke and enrol at the same music college as him. Do it. Then maybe you will get a session career like he did.

3. Most importantly: stop being such a disrespectful little bastid to your parents. They are the best people in the world, and you will miss them dreadfully when they are gone.

• Like 4

Not sure cthis comment is for this thread.

So weird, last night Saturday night I was loaded my bass into my car and getting ready for my gig. I remember doing this same routine when I was 12 years old.

I'm still doing it at 65 years old. I'm blessed, there's no real down side to this.

Blue

FB_IMG_1532704727556.jpg

• Like 3

- go to the dentist

- stop smoking 

- don’t get involved with that girl, she’ll end up working as a ropey stripper at Spearmint Rhino

- definitely don’t sleep with her 

- definitely don’t lend her money

- learn to read music 

- don’t be a d!ck

- go to bed 

• Like 1