Why become a member? ×

Zoot Funkmeister 32”

Merton

14 minutes ago, Cosmicrain said:

The body will get it's top coats of Hi-gloss black tomorrow, then when completely dry (two days) a flat and polish.  Umm... I might do a quick video of me polishing the body.😉 

Oh you totally should video it!!

I can remember being at a bass bash in Reading some years ago. Cant remember who organised it.  John East was there fiddling with my Peavey RS and Richard H of these hallowed forums was also there. I remember someone bringing a Zoot bass, natural wood body IIRC, and a few of us had a twang on it. It had such a wonderful tone. I couldnt afford it at the time, but i wish i could have snapped up that bad boy.

You may have been there Mike ? Was it you that brought it ?   I  sort of remember you being there, but alas, all the crack & Jack Daniels has taken it's toll

Edited by fleabag

3 hours ago, fleabag said:

I can remember being at a bass bash in Reading some years ago. Cant remember who organised it.  John East was there fiddling with my Peavey RS and Richard H of these hallowed forums was also there. I remember someone bringing a Zoot bass, natural wood body IIRC, and a few of us had a twang on it. It had such a wonderful tone. I couldnt afford it at the time, but i wish iu could have snapped up that bad boy.

You may have been there Mike ? Was it you that brought it ?   I  sort of remember you being there, but alas, all the crack & Jack Daniels has taken it's toll

Yes and here is a picture of Richard H tuning it up.  It was a great day.  

08_richard_zoot.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/01/2019 at 11:18, Cosmicrain said:

The body will get it's top coats of Hi-gloss black tomorrow, then when completely dry (two days) a flat and polish.  Umm... I might do a quick video of me polishing the body.😉 

@Cosmicrain did exactly as he promised - there’s a cool video on his Zoot Bass Facebook page. For some reason I can’t copy the link to here but go check it out. It’s amazing what we take for granted in a bass finish, the video is 11 minutes long and doesn’t begin to show the amount of craftsmanship Mike is putting into this. It’s certainly a good window in to the process though :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...