Why become a member? ×

What do you think about when you're playing. .

Donnyboy

5 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

And were they right..? :swoon:

It was suggested not - although it would be interesting to hear the recordings... also no information on whether it helped cure their addictions. Apparently Lex had a 90% re-admission rate... 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, josie said:

It was suggested not - although it would be interesting to hear the recordings... also no information on whether it helped cure their addictions. Apparently Lex had a 90% re-admission rate... 

With free junk and good people to jam with, I'm surprised at the re-admission rate!

• Like 1

I'm usually running the desk so its regularly along the lines of 

"The kick wasn't clipping during soundcheck"

"He definitely moved the mic on that guitar amp"

"If he needs more monitor why not turn down the guitar amp and let the PA do its job"

"Is there anyone here I know who'll run to the Bar for me"

• 2 weeks later...

Not the band i'm in now, but the previous one,  i was constantly hoping no one in the audience would kick off. We had a  fierce drummer the size of a dump truck , good as gold and funny as hell, till someone upset him, and a singer who was pure gypsy, and damn good crooner, who had managed to get himself banned ( at one point in his life ) from every pub in the town of Chipping Norton where he lived, for scrapping. Never started a scrap, but usually finished them

One of the last gigs we did,  there were some Welsh pizzheads giving us some heat outside during the break and off it all went. Singer and his cousins nipped it in the bud. Chipping Norton town again.  Weird times.

Haha!  So many in here that could have been lifted straight out of my head.  Especially:

"Cool, I've been spot on so far...  ah crap!"

"How does that middle 8 bit go again?"

"Why is he playing that bit now?"

"Are we nearly done yet?"

"Gah, it's the last song, I was enjoying that!"

"I wish that guy behaving like a Sir Richard Head III would go home." (probably this is what the audience are thinking of me too)

Personally I love it when they leave the telly on so I can watch MOTD or whatever.  I tend to just play then without being distracted so much by this other stuff, strange as it may sound.  Although there's a video of us playing in a pub where the telly with the footy on was right next to me, and all the way through the song I'm basically just looking off to the side ignoring the audience.  At one point you can see me going "ooooh!" when someone hit the post.  Probably not my most professional moment.

13 minutes ago, Unknown_User said:

Haha!  So many in here that could have been lifted straight out of my head.  Especially:

"Cool, I've been spot on so far...  ah crap!"

"How does that middle 8 bit go again?"

"Why is he playing that bit now?"

"Are we nearly done yet?"

"Gah, it's the last song, I was enjoying that!"

"I wish that guy behaving like a Sir Richard Head III would go home." (probably this is what the audience are thinking of me too)

Personally I love it when they leave the telly on so I can watch MOTD or whatever.  I tend to just play then without being distracted so much by this other stuff, strange as it may sound.  Although there's a video of us playing in a pub where the telly with the footy on was right next to me, and all the way through the song I'm basically just looking off to the side ignoring the audience.  At one point you can see me going "ooooh!" when someone hit the post.  Probably not my most professional moment.

I wish I was professional enough to watch the football while I'm playing. I'm too busy watching my fingers and thinking , this little piggy goes there, that little piggy goes there.......

12 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I wish I was professional enough to watch the football while I'm playing. I'm too busy watching my fingers and thinking , this little piggy goes there, that little piggy goes there.......

I do plenty of that as well!  I just try to wait until there's a throw in or something. 😀

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, martthebass said:

'Why can't I play that bit....my hand's too cold........why is the fan directed at my hand.........can I move the fan with my foot.......bugger I've knocked the fan over'

You shouldn't be doing that with your foot. Next time use the club; that's what fan clubs are for. ¬¬

• Haha 1

Last Friday it was....

.........ahaha ! ....look at those two girls in fancy dress over there!  Bit over the top!   😀

......blimey, that doesn't leave much if anything to the imagination........😯

.......they must surely be going to a Vicars and Tarts fancy dress party later!..........:o

.......errrr, oh, no, seems like they're just local girls on a night out in Portsmouth.........:sad:

Just now, musicbassman said:

Last Friday it was....

.........ahaha ! ....look at those two girls in fancy dress over there!  Bit over the top!   😀

......blimey, that doesn't leave much if anything to the imagination........😯

.......they must surely be going to a Vicars and Tarts fancy dress party later!..........:o

.......errrr, oh, no, seems like they're just local girls on a night out in Portsmouth.........:sad:

I generally leave my glasses off for gigs like that, if they're sufficiently out of focus, they're not distracting me!