Why become a member? ×

MBB6 may not happen

Si600

After that scary start, I may not be able to organise or even be involved with the Midlands Bass Bashes any more.  So now it's walking on it's own and able to dress itself, well, it will be six next year, it needs a new parent.  Anyone want to take up the challenge?

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/08/2018 at 09:23, Si600 said:

After that scary start, I may not be able to organise or even be involved with the Midlands Bass Bashes any more.  So now it's walking on it's own and able to dress itself, well, it will be six next year, it needs a new parent.  Anyone want to take up the challenge?

I hope you will continue to attend, circumstances allowing.

Thanks for making it happen.  As a confirmed old git (I wont do social media for anyone, family included) it is good to know that the people I like to associate with here are real.  Going to the last two MBBs and the MDBB from the year before last, I have met lots of people from Basschat and learned a little about how diverse the world of bass can be.

It is good to have Basschat as a hobby and as a social outlet.  It wouldn't be so good without the facility to meet other members occasionally.

Cheers Si and

WELL DONE!

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Like 1

I've been away for a long weekend, which is why I haven't responded to any PM's or this thread.

Thank you for your kind words and thank you @jebroad for taking on the mantle.

Mrs O. and I are emigrating, well, I'm emigrating, she's going back home, early next year which is why I can't guarantee to be in a position to run it.  It may be that we haven't yet left, in which case I'll definitely be along, but also, we may have gone or be in the middle of going.

We're going to open a B&B in Northern Germany, not far from the Kiel canal.  If it's allowed then once we're up and running I'll advertise it on BC in case anyone wants holiday accommodation in the area.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Si600 said:

I've been away for a long weekend, which is why I haven't responded to any PM's or this thread.

Thank you for your kind words and thank you @jebroad for taking on the mantle.

Mrs O. and I are emigrating, well, I'm emigrating, she's going back home, early next year which is why I can't guarantee to be in a position to run it.  It may be that we haven't yet left, in which case I'll definitely be along, but also, we may have gone or be in the middle of going.

We're going to open a B&B in Northern Germany, not far from the Kiel canal.  If it's allowed then once we're up and running I'll advertise it on BC in case anyone wants holiday accommodation in the area.

Congratulations on the planned move and I hope it all goes well.

With a wife who was born in Germany and spent her childhood there  (army baby) and having worked there myself for BASF I know what a fabulous and under-rated (to Brits) country it is. My experience is that they treat live music with a bit more respect than is often the case here.

Thanks for all the effort you put into the Bashes. I've always had a good time and made some 'real life' friends.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 04/09/2018 at 10:09, Si600 said:

.......or anyone who wants to attend a Northern Germany Bass Bash