Why become a member? ×

Impending NBD

AndyTravis

4 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

That’s UPS 😉

Oh Jeez. :(  I was expecting something special today shipped by UPS. The shop says they collected it yesterday. UPS say they don't have it. The tracking says it hasn't entered their system yet. 

Shocking service. UPS used to be good :(

I feel for you, that looks bloody awful.

9 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

Was it wrapped in a bin bag and did they chuck it up your drive from the van itself?!

Ah no, no no no!

this is golden...

Non delivery - Address was “wrong” so it was undeliverable. Sure enough the correct address was on the box. “Undeliverable” translates to “couldn’t be arsed”.

I mess about for 35 minutes phoning them to redirect to the local depot - I don’t want this bass sat in a van overnight I think...

“It’ll be available from 6.30pm this evening- thank you, apologies for our error”

Get to the depot at 7.00pm, half an hour adjustment time for them, one hour before closing. I’m good like that.

No parking spaces, nice and calm, no stressing.

Nobody at the desk - easy peasy, ring a bell, get an answer. They’ll “Ava look mayteh”.

20 minutes. “Can’t find it mate...” erm...

”allavah nuvver look, but ah can’t look long coz av gotta close up”

miraculous, it’s found...just as I’m ready to pop.

I get home, gently unwrap the thing. And it seems good, until...splintersville USA.

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

I wonder if the Basschat massif can get the wheels in motion and find you another one mate

There’s a Fretless one...but I haven’t got the £150 to pay out to have it fretted at the minute while we’re house hunting.

1. Say you want a refund

2. Say you will give pictures of the damage

3. Send pictures

4. Offer chump change for the neck

5. Take off neck and send back body

6. Buy fretless one

7. Enjoy choice between two necks

Edited by Bridgehouse

1 minute ago, Bridgehouse said:

Or, offer them £50 to keep it and not send it back to them. They will claim off insurance anyway so you just have to send them photos.

Sorted.

I’m enjoying the idea of 2 necks. I’ll speak with Mansons - also Moxy who’s selling the Fretless has really come across well in our PM’s and I’d love to help him too.

im now enjoying a Malbec so won’t construct my e-mail until tomorrow.

the bass is still in the car.

i can’t bear to look at it. The pictures were taken at my best mates house who was as excited as me...and as gutted as I am when I inboxed it.

1 minute ago, AndyTravis said:

I’m enjoying the idea of 2 necks. I’ll speak with Mansons - also Moxy who’s selling the Fretless has really come across well in our PM’s and I’d love to help him too.

im now enjoying a Malbec so won’t construct my e-mail until tomorrow.

the bass is still in the car.

i can’t bear to look at it. The pictures were taken at my best mates house who was as excited as me...and as gutted as I am when I inboxed it.

I bought my Shuker from him via Jon himself.

:)

In all seriousness - ring Mansons and explain that it’s trashed but you want to keep it as the neck is useful and say you want a refund of price -£50 - and will furnish them with all the photos and details you can. 

I reckon they will go for that. You then get a twin neck for the same money

2 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

(Which makes it a better result than if the bass had been perfect!)

Yeah, his is the same preamp too. It’s all a bit Pie in the sky. Especially as Mansons might have a skilled local luthier to resurrect the Tacoma...

B858D77B-6C58-4BA2-B336-206FE346672E.jpeg

Edited by AndyTravis

6 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

Gandalf doesn’t have the skill to resurrect that mate...

I’ve seen Steve Curtis a local Luthier (think he’s the Taylor and Gibson warranty man for the north of England - he certainly was when I worked in the trade) fix much worse...a guitar a lads girlfriend fell (derrière first) through the sounboard was one.

I have tentatively already emailed him about 

a) repair costs/feasibility 

b) cost of fretting a Fretless 

Edited by AndyTravis

22 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I’ve seen Steve Curtis a local Luthier (think he’s the Taylor and Gibson warranty man for the north of England - he certainly was when I worked in the trade) fix much worse...a guitar a lads girlfriend fell (derrière first) through the sounboard was one.

I have tentatively already emailed him about 

a) repair costs/feasibility 

b) cost of fretting a Fretless 

Either way, You shouldn't be paying for any repair costs at all.

It’s out of the car. Thought I’d look better second time round 🤮🤮🤮

The box has clear marks on the affected corresponding areas...and it has the drivers name, and handwritten and printed versions of my address - so where the “wrong address” story came from...

D37AC831-1E6F-4FBB-B6C3-8A1890F22A5A.jpeg

E4A6EA54-5FBF-41A7-BB6C-5086571DE0F2.jpeg

1D29A772-2491-4B20-88B5-4AECD32C6F02.jpeg

C4D9DEA9-6D9A-4CF7-9222-7CB3E855068C.jpeg