Why become a member? ×

Decent mini tuner for my board. NOT TC though.

dave_bass5

We have started doing a coupe of songs where i need to drop tune my E string to D. At rehearsals i use a clip on tuner and that works fine (with the volume tuned down), but I dont tend to keep the tuner on during gigs. So, i need something on my board, with a mute.

Having gigged for many years without needing a tuner, i dont feel i want to spend TC money on this, as its purely for my E string. don’t need all those strobe features either. I have good clip on tuners for doing set ups etc.

I like the look of the Joyo Ironman tuner.   https://www.amazon.co.uk/JOYO-JF-326-Irontune-Ironman-Chromatic/dp/B014HCGBOK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1535051785&sr=8-3&keywords=joyo+tuner

Not only is it cheaper, its so small i can easily fit it on without having to  move too much. I know there are cheaper though, but they are slightly larger, so just wondered what the more budget conscious giggers use, and if anyone has any thoughts on the Joyo. 

I know that you are looking for a pedal tuner, but IO;ve just a bought a couple of these: Permanently fixed there's no chance of losing them and drop tuning would be a breeze as there's no fiddling with a wobbly clamp:

pw_prod_pw-ct-21_main_2.jpg

http://www.accessories.daddario.com/pwProductDetail.Page?ActiveID=4115&productid=1156&productname=NS_Micro_Clip_Free_Tuner

It comes with a screw or two that replaces one on a tuning key. Here's a picture of my Ibanez guitar with one fitted: (it's a reverse headstock so the keys are underneath!)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The59Sound said:

I would put the emphasis on a good tuner over the size of the unit. 

And thats why i asked 😉

seriously, if i cant get it on my board then what’s the point in having it?

1 hour ago, pineweasel said:

I assume you know that you don't want to go down the Hipshot Bass Extender route? I use one for exactly this scenario and I love it.

I had thought of this, but if I decide to use a different bass then I’m back to square one. It was my first thought though. 

• 3 weeks later...