Why become a member? ×

SOLD Travis Bean Designs TB2000
£2700

pilotbicycles

For Sale is my incredible Travis Bean Designs TB2000.

It was one of the first built by Kevin Burkett of EGC back at the start of 2016, and as such has serial number #2000: with a "0" stamped on the headstock.

This bass is capable of a remarkable range of tones from warm and thumpy to very harsh tones, all very response to playing style and dynamics. Played with a pick and with the bridge pickup this thing absolutely roars! Switching to the front pickup and fingers and you can get some wonderful sub-y sounds. A truly unique playing experience.

The best is currently based in London. Collection would be preferred, but can arrange courier if needed at the buyers' expense.

- 70’s style Travis Bean
- Trans Black finish over African Mahogany.
- SKB iSeries flight case (big peli case style).
- Strap locks and comfort strap included.

IMG_6486.jpeg

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 16.11.44.png

Edited by pilotbicycles
Item Sold
  • Like 2

Apologies for not getting pictures sorted - currently out of the country, but will endeavour to sort pictures quick-sharp when I'm back.

Also thought I'd add a few trade options, ideally p/x, that could tempt me (drop me a DM and we can sort the details):

Basses - Peavey T-40, EGC Basses/Necks, Rickenbacker.

Amps - Ampeg B15, Sunn Model T, Acoustic 360 / 370.

Other bits - Tonecraft 363 DI, Roland 501 Chorus Echo.

Edited by pilotbicycles

• 5 months later...

So there have been a few interested parties and offers, and I had some second thoughts about it - however, the bass remains available.

I've added a couple more photos, including some from the build process and some of Kevin's proper shots from it's completion.

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 16.11.57.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 13.22.35.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 13.22.49.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 13.23.07.png