Why become a member? ×

60 Year Old German Blonde - SOLD
£600

The only German blonde my wife lets me take out.  As part of my on-going declutter I’m offering my nice ply honey blonde bass. I bought it from Peter Tyler a dozen years ago and although it isn’t labelled Peter reckons it’s one of the basses brought over from Germany in the late 50s/early 60s. It has an unusually slim neck which makes it easy to get your hands round.

There are a few dings suffered over the years but it still presents itself well, as I hope the photo shows. It is fitted with Spiro medium strings and the trueness of the fingerboard is demonstrated by the buzz-free string height of 7mm to 10mm.

Offered with Underwood pickup and soft cover, this bass has a nice acoustic sound and amps very impressively. It’s at a generous price of £600 and I regret I can’t entertain lower offers.

I’m just outside Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire if you would like to see/hear this nice instrument.

220E8B81-70FF-4B97-8BA1-93E77E6BDDB0.thumb.jpeg.56e52846ff291a4cf60d546421d6701f.jpegA9CB9312-B22E-4051-8DAE-2740CE721717.thumb.jpeg.df746f1c873390dba6ad8d8f734add7e.jpeg

Edited by bassace
  • Like 3

Having seen the bass and heard a few notes ringing out I can confirm it looks to be a really excellent bass irrespective of construction and price. If I had not recently bought bassace's Martin I might be planning my trip down to Chipping Norton. If it is something you have been looking for I would not hesitate. 

I had the good fortune to borrow this bass for a gig a couple of years back, and it's a pleasure to play.  And at £600, it's an absolute steal.  

If I hadn't taken your advice and bought that Hungarian hybrid back in April Roger, I'd be biting your hand off right now!  Ah well, I'll have to bide my time till you're looking for a new home for your Kolstein 😉

Good luck with the sale - this bass is going to make someone very happy.