Why become a member? ×

SIT Strings in the UK

The59Sound

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Mike

How about we try and find someone who could just distribute these here? Or do bulk purchases.

They are great strings, I loved the feel of them.

Paul

Hello Paul,

We are really striving to get some distributors in the U.K.  Any suggestions on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Right now, you can contact our international sales rep. Tim Pfouts at [email protected] for more information.

Best regards,

Mike 

I've heard nothing but good things about these...look forward to trying these.

Any chance that you'd have a BC only competition with strings as prizes? One of your main competitors, D'Addario, have done similar and benefited from the raised profile.

27 minutes ago, Mike Vincent said:

Hello Paul,

We are really striving to get some distributors in the U.K.  Any suggestions on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Right now, you can contact our international sales rep. Tim Pfouts at [email protected] for more information.

Best regards,

Mike 

Over here, the marketplace is way different to the US; we don't have chains like Guitar Center, Sam Ash (or similar), the UK marketplace is a handful of stores that combine mail-order and regular store fronts (Andertons, Guitar & Keyboard Centre (GAK)).  A load of people would also consider Thomann in Germany for large orders.  The main strings-only business is going to be Strings Direct - they used to be exclusively strings, but have branched out into parts and peripherals.  I guess that any business trying to get product into these stores will probably result in abject failure - issues with minimum stocking requirements, sale or return, driving down of selling-in prices - plus bassists (at least) are fairly fickle; I think we've all gone through a  ton of strings to find the ones that are ideal for us on a personal basis; don't get me wrong; I really like SITs, but it's taken me years to get to the point of playing Elixirs.

The main issue you're going to get is the think globally thing.  It's all well and good saying go to Amazon.com or buy direct from you, but you need to factor in shipping costs and the waiting time for stuff to arrive from the US...these are issues when you need string tomorrow, so you'll just resort to buying whatever there is available.  There's always going to be this nagging doubt of actually whether the strings will make it here as well. 

We have a lot of high profile players on the forum, guys who are gigging constantly, guys who are doing studio projects (that'll be me), guy who have a ton of experience and some influence.  I'd say a good deal of these guys haven't actually heard of SIT and are using the big brands (D'Addario, Rotosounds, Elites, Ernie Ball etc.).  Maybe consider trying to win these guys over.  Send some over and get a British opinion.  Start the ball rolling.

• Like 3

Used SIT strings on an old P Bass years ago I had never heard of them at the time....£14 so thought why not and they played really well....but that particular shop closed down and never seen them since....I hate new string in all honesty so very rarely change them.....so if you can get a set of SIT strings you wont be disappointed.

18 hours ago, Mike Vincent said:

Hello everyone,

This is Mike from Sit Strings. I just wanted to personally thank you all for your interest in our strings. The best way to get our strings in the United Kingdom would be through Amazon.com or by ordering directly from our website: sitstrings.com.

Thanks! -Mike

Yeh - while not unreasonable, $15 for delivery to the UK is a deal breaker. Shame...

On 01/10/2018 at 18:35, Mike Vincent said:

Hello Paul,

Best regards,

Mike 

Thanks Mike for the info. It would be great news if we could get a UK distributor. 

On 02/10/2018 at 07:50, thebigyin said:

Used SIT strings on an old P Bass years ago I had never heard of them at the etc

Because I'm a grammar Nazi, can I ask a little favour?

Italics should be used for emphasis only.  It's very distracting scrolling through a thread and seeing an entire reply italicized.

1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

Because I'm a grammar Nazi, can I ask a little favour?

Italics should be used for emphasis only.  It's very distracting scrolling through a thread and seeing an entire reply italicized.

I imagine your like the drummer from my last band, he had a problem with poor grammar ect….some strange folk about.