Why become a member? ×

DOD FX25 Envelope filter

TKenrick

• 3 months later...
14 minutes ago, ped said:

Love these pedals. I haven’t ever found a filter that has the same squelch on the low end. Everything else I’ve tried has a kind of whistle sound when pushed whereas the FX25 just burps. 

Classic effect, they definitely have a sweet spot on them , very fine line between getting it set just right and if ever the was a filter to kill your speaker cones this is it. Still very funky effect. 

3 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Great review, and it's certainly made my mind up in that i hate the thing. :)

That thin sound, and then the unaffected original boomy note coming back immediately after the wah effect would drive me nuts,

I always put mine before a limiter and find it works better with a single pickup. The two controls are really sensitive and you can tame it in all sorts of ways. I also found the pedal varies hugely depending on the version. I've had about all of them now and even found the green sparkle finish in the video varied a lot.

1 hour ago, ped said:

I always put mine before a limiter and find it works better with a single pickup. The two controls are really sensitive and you can tame it in all sorts of ways. I also found the pedal varies hugely depending on the version. I've had about all of them now and even found the green sparkle finish in the video varied a lot.

You must have the patience of Job , Chris.  :)

12 minutes ago, TKenrick said:

I must admit that it's my least favourite envelope, and it got sold soon after the review!

Hah !

There are so many easier filter pedals to set up,  i just can't be donkeyed to fight with the things. Chris did well though !

Edited by fleabag