Why become a member? ×

It’s squier not squire.......

vinorange

I could list loads of basses on eBay with spelling mistakes and I know auto correct tries its best to tie us in knots sometimes but seriously, if you’re trying to sell a bass with squier on the headstock then don’t advertise it as a squire.......

Is it only me?

It is cloudy. Maybe I’m feeling grumpy......

Edited by vinorange
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vinorange said:

I could list loads of basses on eBay with spelling mistakes and I know auto correct tries its best to tie us in knots sometimes but seriously, if you’re trying to sell a bass with squier on the headstock then don’t advertise it as a squire.......

Is it only me?

and breathe..........😄

2 hours ago, fleabag said:

It's been done death. Give it a rest

Alright..... I didn’t see those posts and just thought I’d say my bit. 

True about spelling mistakes though. I bagged a brand new car “trailor” off eBay with no watchers and no bidders for an absolute bargain and imho it’s just as good as a trailer..... Shame fender is so easy to spell.

Edited by vinorange

3 hours ago, vinorange said:

Is it only me?

I'm pretty sure that if you type 'Squire bass' into eBay's search engine, it still brings up the Squiers. 

6 hours ago, TheGreek said:

JOOI does anybody know why it's spelt the way it is???

Simply because of the magazine Esquire and to avoid another trial like the one for the Telecaster which was named at first Broadcaster, but Gretsch had a drum set named Broadkaster, hence the low profile which is the best Leo has ever had.

So the Squire became Squier, and that's the end of the story or the beginning.