Why become a member? ×

Limelight '57' Precision Bass +WITHDRAWN+
£750

Hutton

Up for sale is my Limelight '57' Precision. The colour is faded Candy Apple Red as appropriate to a '57' which has been around for sixty years. This is the lightest relic job that Limelight has done and it is extremely pretty. All hardware is age appropriate with the pickups being wound by Limelight themselves to replicate a '57' sound. A bonus with this sale is a G&G Fender tweed case which is in excellent condition. The bass is strung with a new set of Thomastik TI flatwounds. This bass plays and sounds superb and will make someone very happy. 

Price includes shipping to UK mainland. No trades I'm afraid.

fullsizeoutput_2366.jpg
fullsizeoutput_2364.jpg
fullsizeoutput_2363.jpg
fullsizeoutput_2360.jpg
fullsizeoutput_2365.jpg
fullsizeoutput_235f.jpg
fullsizeoutput_2362.jpg
fullsizeoutput_235e.jpg

Edited by Hutton
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Perroid said:

Awesome looking bass! If you don't mind me asking, what are the neck dimensions like?

Limelight say it is a maple P width neck appropriate to 1957. I can measure nut width if that helps.

Here's the spec list from Limelight:-

1957 Precision Bass 

Candy Apple Red over silver/white 

Hand rolled finger board

Black dots

Ultra Light relic – as per pictures

Maple P width neck

Gold annodised scratchplate

Period correct 1957 Fender Precision logo

Thumb rest below strings.

All metal work VERY lightly tarnished

Reverse Gotoh Tuners

Strap button on reverse of headstock

Thomastik Flatwound

Nickel schaller strap buttons

Vintage wiring 

Switchcraft Jack

CTS pots and Spraque cap

Alder body

59 minutes ago, podmornica1 said:

Why are the strings not centered in relation to the poles on PU and the dots on the neck?

It may be that the photo is taken off centre. I have had a scan through other pics of precisions and this is obviously not an exact science with positioning not being determined by digital calliper. Who knows? Whatever is the case this bass looks, plays, and sounds superb. If this is just a casual comment it may be better to make such comments by pm. However, anyone is very welcome to play this bass before purchase. Here’s a pic of the bass as taken by Limelight. Nothing wrong here folks move along now!😄

1A7B7C6C-431F-42BB-BC38-915B0BAE85B1.jpeg

Edited by Hutton
  • Like 1

On 21/08/2018 at 08:54, podmornica1 said:

Why are the strings not centered in relation to the poles on PU and the dots on the neck?

I can see what you mean. A quick loosen of the strings and neck plate screws, with a little nudge of the neck to the left would bring it all into alignment. Easy fix and very common with bolt ons.

Lovely bass, good luck with the sale.

I’m just going to withdraw this. Maybe the alignment does need a wee tweak, I just play the damn thing and it’s fine. However, now that doubt has been cast on the neck’s ability to stay in alignment there is no point in carrying on with a sale. 

Sorry, I didn't mean to cast any doubt on the bass. I was trying to say the bass is fine. It's something that can happen with any bolt on. It's really nothing and certainly not something you would actually hear ^.

Just an aesthetic thing.

That is one lovely looking bass. If it sounds anything like my Limelight (and there's every reason it should) then I bet it sounds amazing too
Love that faded Candy Apple Red! +1 to what wateroftyne said.
Shame to withdraw this bass - someone would have been very happy indeed