Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass V 5 String
£250

GrammeFriday

Having just acquired one of Lozz's precisions I now need to apply the "one in, one out" rule, and this genuinely fantastic 5-string Squier VM jazz 5 is first in line.

x6ebtfI.jpg

o3bgP3F.jpg

RH37u5l.jpg

xKF0dQW.jpg

v0R7HrW.jpg

yk0MFc7.jpg

QNqAud6.jpg

There's lots of love for these on the Internet, and in this case I think the hype is entirely justified - this one plays and sounds every bit as good as it looks, and punches well above its price point.

Home and rehearsal use only, and essentially in immaculate condition apart from the inevitable bit of playing wear on the pickguard and a teeny bit of buckle rash on the back. No bumps or dings.

This bass is totally stock (never felt the need to upgrade anything) and comes without a gigbag. Full spec here:

https://shop.fender.com/en-GB/squier-electric-basses/jazz-bass/vintage-modified-jazz-bass-v-5-string/0306760505.html?rl=en_US

Priced at £250 posted. Also happy to travel up to 1hr by car to meet you for a handover. You're also welcome to pick up from my home in South Birmingham (near M42 and M5), in which case I'll reduce the price to a bargainacious £225.  

Payment by bank transfer or paypal.

Not really looking for trades, but I might be tempted into another "one in, one out" quandary if you have a nice 4-string Jazz to tempt me with. Please note however that the only bass I would be willing to trade upwards for is a Roadworn Fender J in fiesta red. 

Thanks for looking!

Edited by GrammeFriday
Sold
  • Like 1

I've just received a pm asking about the weight and how well balanced this bass is. According to my digital scales, this one weighs 4.8kg, so by no means the lightest of basses, but on the other hand this no doubt helps to explain why this bass is extremely well balanced and thus very comfortable to play - unlike a lot of 5ers, it suffers from absolutely no neck dive whatsoever.

Hope this helps!

GF  

IMG_8206.jpg

• 2 weeks later...