Why become a member? ×

I bought an ELF

steve-bbb

Having a bit of a gas attack i bought an ELF

tis rather wonderful little thing all things considered

I got the elf 1x10 cab too sounds ok but tonally i quite like it through my hydrive 112 - looking forward to trying it out when i get the opportunity through pair of 112’s to see what the full power output is like

anybody else have/tried one?

• Like 1

I was possibly one of the first to receive one in the UK. Initially I wasn't overly impressed - it doesn't sound like your classic TE head - however for home use it's a very usable piece of kit. For extra range you could try using a Behringer BDI21 or something similar. 

Edited by TheGreek

On 20/08/2018 at 20:13, King Tut said:

I bought one as a spare but often use it in place of my GK MB500. We have PA support with a sub so it's plenty loud enough through my Barefaced Big baby 2. I never have to push it and it's lovely tonally.

I was thinking it should sufficiently be loud through my Two10?

13 hours ago, TheGreek said:

I was possibly one of the first top receive one in the UK. Initially I wasn't overly impressed - it doesn't sound like your classic TE head - however for home use it's a very usable piece of kit. For extra range you could try using a Behringer BDI21 or something similar. 

That was yours everyone was having a go on at the last Bass Bash, wasn't it. Even through the tiny Barefaced 1x10 with a Ricky doing Chris Squire impressions it sounded pretty darned good and pretty darned loud to me. If I was still gigging in a function band there would absolutely be one in my gig bag as a spare/insurance policy. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I might win the award (if there was one) for tiniest touring rig? Elf plus 2x8 cab and Uke bass. In fact my pedal board is almost the same size as the cab :) Deeply impressed but this little setup. Band isn’t too loud (folky esque stuff) and this reslly holds it own!

DF481E50-842F-45ED-B840-1A46D0332CFB.jpeg

• Like 1