Why become a member? ×

Reverend basses

kevham

Anyone played one of the Reverend basses - now available in lefty. I like the colour and many of the features but I wish it was a more traditional shape. There’s one in a shop not far from me. I might go and have a look sometime.

0CE400E0-4B4E-4778-A397-66C991382B59.jpeg

Used to own a Rumblefish 5-string which was one of the few bolt-on neck 5-strings I've ever liked.

However IMO the Rumblefish is a completely different beast from the current crop of Reverend basses, and AFAICS the body shape is about the most interesting thing about the one shown.

If the OP isn't keen on the styling they would probably be better off buying a decent Squier P and adding a MM pick to it. 

On 18/08/2018 at 18:06, kevham said:

Anyone played one of the Reverend basses - now available in lefty. I like the colour and many of the features but I wish it was a more traditional shape. There’s one in a shop not far from me. I might go and have a look sometime.

Everyone does a 'more traditional' shape. This isn't exactly 'out there' in the design department but at least they've tried to not do yet another Fender clone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/09/2018 at 11:41, aguacollas said:

Just watched a Meshell Ndegeocello concert on tv. Sounds great, of course. I like the shape and choice of pickups. A bass with personality. 

A9F049AB-9319-4943-AED6-1943220B80BB.jpeg

Yep. BTW this is her signature model

image.png.cc55d5d21a944993669a75e6a7400cfe.png

and this one below is coming my way.

image.png.bcc587fd2d7c549b13feacc94042b090.png

They are excellent basses and very well built!!

heart-fully recommend

Edited by RaphaelD

On 18/08/2018 at 20:06, kevham said:

Do yourself a favour, just go try one. I won't be surprised you get out of the store with one under your arm!!
I can't stress enough how much bass you get for your money.
And those pickups are simply phenomenal, and it's all passive!! what not to love?

• Like 1

Merchant City have an awful website to navigate. Try the search function.

As regards to having almost every model, they dont seem to list the the Jazzy Soul video model, or the one that Meshell is playing.  Maybe they're old models that are no longer made.

They're not on Reverend's own website either

Edited by fleabag

1 hour ago, fleabag said:

Merchant City have an awful website to navigate. Try the search function.

As regards to having almost every model, they dont seem to list the the Jazzy Soul video model, or the one that Meshell is playing.  Maybe they're old models that are no longer made.

They're not on Reverend's own website either

but they have the Lefty!!
They might have an awful site but their pre and post sale customer service (Ali) was outstanding!!

Had a fantastic experience buying from them.

image.png.c24e489890e267f7852b91134de8572c.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 20/08/2018 at 16:41, LeftyJ said:

I'll have a lefty Wattplower please, in green. Shortscale, set neck, P-pickup and Hipshot hardware. Looks awesome, like a blend between a Gibson EB-3 and an old school Yamaha BB. 

And here it is! https://www.notreble.com/buzz/2018/10/11/reverend-guitars-unveils-lefty-mike-watt-signature-bass/

• 3 weeks later...