Why become a member? ×

On the lookout for an FDeck HPF

Happy Jack

• wateroftyne changed the title to https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/328931-on-the-lookout-for-an-fdeck-hpf/On the lookout for an FDeck HPF
  • lurksalot locked this topic
  • Silvia Bluejay unlocked this topic

Hopefully receiving it in time for a gig just after bank holiday. Will report back once I've had a chance to use it a few times. The next gig probably isn't the best one to judge it on as I rarely get given more than a few minutes in the soundcheck and there's little fiddling about time between tunes, just enough time to find the next tune in the pad. I have some gigs on my stick with a cuban band next month which might give me a better idea.

It seems that the Rafferty is a series 2M fdeck.  There is a table of differences here: https://sites.google.com/site/hpftechllc/home/hpf-pre.  The main one is that series 2 has one 12 dB/octave filter, whereas series 3 has two ("The first filter has a fixed corner frequency of 35 Hz, and 12 dB/octave slope. The second filter is adjustable from 35 to 140 Hz, and also has a 12 dB/oct slope").

3 hours ago, jrixn1 said:

It seems that the Rafferty is a series 2M fdeck.  There is a table of differences here: https://sites.google.com/site/hpftechllc/home/hpf-pre.  The main one is that series 2 has one 12 dB/octave filter, whereas series 3 has two ("The first filter has a fixed corner frequency of 35 Hz, and 12 dB/octave slope. The second filter is adjustable from 35 to 140 Hz, and also has a 12 dB/oct slope").

That would make sense, since since the Series 2 is the one that Francis published the schematic for! 

Myself, I'm going to pick up a Schalltechnik Vong Filterung kit (snappy name!) when they're back in stock.  They have a fixed and a variable HPF in a similar configuration to the Series 3, plus a switchable lowpass filter and boost and a DI output. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Beer of the Bass said:

That would make sense, since since the Series 2 is the one that Francis published the schematic for! 

Myself, I'm going to pick up a Schalltechnik Vong Filterung kit (snappy name!) when they're back in stock.  They have a fixed and a variable HPF in a similar configuration to the Series 3, plus a switchable lowpass filter and boost and a DI output. 

The v3 schematic is finally up on fdeck's site now. The Vong unit looks really good too though.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, therealting said:

Would you recommend one of these for the Realist on my Eminence?

Yes.

I have a series 2 Fdeck and it works really well with the Eminence/Realist, much better than my Fishman Platinum pre.

I don't use my Eminence live very much these days, but when I do I use it with the FDeck,  rather than my usual Fishman.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheRev said:

Yes.

I have a series 2 Fdeck and it works really well with the Eminence/Realist, much better than my Fishman Platinum pre.

I don't use my Eminence live very much these days, but when I do I use it with the FDeck,  rather than my usual Fishman.

Thanks for that. I’m wondering if running it through my Noble might be beneficial, it has a HPF built in, as well as the bass and treble boost.